Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi members
i have started to fit my grill and grill oval trim in. the top straight top trim
the bottom trim pass c trip and drivers c trim so i have compete grill in
and grill trim parts in place.first problem i have gap on pass side trim c between trim and front face of fender does not fit flush tight and the same problem on driverside .and this is a danchuk grill and grill chrome trim.
and before mounting grill and grill trim . the hood is even with lip on pass side fender but hood is not even with drivers fender. on drivers side so when
grill c trim around grill is mounted it is misalined with the with top chrome grill bar how do i correct this problem ???

·
Registered
37,982 Posts
Do you have a stock side trim (C shaped) part? Does it fit? This is often a fit problem with all stock parts, but the aftermarket parts are less likely to be "just right". How bad is it? How about a photo?

To get the hood trim to align with the fender trim, you can raise or lower the stops with the rubber bumpers that are on the cross piece that the top of the grille is riveted to (maybe screws now). Adjusting the stops will change how high or low the hood sits when it's shut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts