Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,I'm looking to have a frame off restoration on my 55 bel air.i called east coast chevy in pa but its a 2 year wait.can anyone suggest a reputable restoration shop in the ny area ? thanks.tommy.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
From what I see on these forums, I'd get on their que and know it will be done at a certain time and not shoved into the corner of a shop and left to die. JMHO.:bowtier:

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
That's a smart move, asking for references ..... for a pro shop, two years seems a long time..... :anim_25:
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What about Fuzzy. Try calling him. his work is second to none. Don't know how long his waiting list is. Keep the money in the TriFive family.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Agree on a completion date and payment schedule with a "Not to Exceed" costs and add a $50.00/day "Liquidated Damages" clause to your contract.... you will also need language that allows for "reasonable" delays.....

If it is an expensive build paying an additional $2k to ship the car to a distant shop that has a stellar reputation and little chance of going out of business is money well worth spending....

Before you sign the contract read it at least 3 times over 3 days......

Good luck....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts