Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to make a wall clock out of a well used, non functioning 1955 Chevy car gauge cluster (speedo, fuel, auto transmission gear indicator - similar to the photo) for my nephew to hang on his wall. I've seen the used clusters at the local swap meets but didn't think of this gift idea until recently and the swap meets are done for the winter. I don't want the shiny new ones or one from a truck...I want that older peeling chrome bezel one with the faded but still readable background that most folks would throw away and replace with a new reproduction unit.

Let me know what you have and how much you want for it. Thanks

Mike
Brookline, NH
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
I'd like to make a wall clock out of a well used, non functioning 1955 Chevy car gauge cluster (speedo, fuel, auto transmission gear indicator - similar to the photo) for my nephew to hang on his wall. I've seen the used clusters at the local swap meets but didn't think of this gift idea until recently and the swap meets are done for the winter. I don't want the shiny new ones or one from a truck...I want that older peeling chrome bezel one with the faded but still readable background that most folks would throw away and replace with a new reproduction unit.

Let me know what you have and how much you want for it. Thanks

Mike
Brookline, NH
[email protected]
I have many here in Wilmington, MA. If you want to take a road trip I'm about 35 miles from you. PM me if you still need this.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Want a dozen or so to start a new business?
I have several Tri Five Life Mag ads that would look good framed in a shadow box with the gauge cluster, I have a parts car I need to check.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Friend who use to have '55s and a '57 dropped off some used parts and in the box was a used front speaker grill/ bezel that will work perfect for the clock project.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please post a pic when you get it all together.

Just finished getting it together. It didn't have either the BelAir or Chevrolet script so we 3D printed his name in a similar script and painted it. A quick buffing of the trim to get out many of the imperfections and some paint on the expanded metal went a long way towards finishing it. I had to "shape" a clock kit off Amazon but nothing a couple of minutes with a Dremel couldn't solve. He will get a kick out of it....

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.