Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have loosen the two screws of the cover of my electric wiper motor and opened the cover as the power cable was loose and it causes me a short.
Now that I have soldered the cable I tried to put back the cover in place.
The cover contains a board that holds the 2 coals which are under tension of two springs.
It is impossible for me to put back the cover on its correct place.
Does somebody have information or know how to put the cover back in place so that the 2 coals can run correctly on the commutator?
Many thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
Hi,
I have loosen the two screws of the cover of my electric wiper motor and opened the cover as the power cable was loose and it causes me a short.
Now that I have soldered the cable I tried to put back the cover in place.
The cover contains a board that holds the 2 coals which are under tension of two springs.
It is impossible for me to put back the cover on its correct place.
Does somebody have information or know how to put the cover back in place so that the 2 coals can run correctly on the commutator?
Many thanks for any help!
i make a jig out of paper clips to hold the brush with the springs back and then slip the cover on once set pull the clips out and set cover all the way in and replace screws.
dean

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dean
thanks for your fast answer!
so you go through the screw holes with the paper Clip to hold the brush with the springs back and then slip the cover over once set pull the clips out of the screw holes?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Everyone
I just want to let you know how I finally have put over the cover with my special bend wire instead of the previous mentioned U shape wire.
It was only a 5 minute job with this special bend wire ;-)
"Necessity is the mother of invention". Your solution to the frustrating wiper motor' (armature\brush) install problem is genius. 👏👍 A great gearhead fix!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts