Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help! The new headlight switch is installed, but the headlight push/pull lever will not go all the way into the switch. It is like it will not go beyond the point of the catch button. What is wrong. I took the switch back out and tried to get the push/pull to go in to no avail. HELP!
John F

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,422 Posts
Is the shaft going into the switch at all? From your picture, it looks like the grove of the shaft is still outside the plastic switch box. Have you tried a little white greese on the end of the shaft. Have you tried pulling out on the button while moving the shaft in and out a tiny bit? I had a little trouble with my 57 switch but it finally would catch on the latch.

·
Registered
888 Posts
John, I had the same problem on a brand new switch. I ended up calling and having a new one sent out. I returned the defective one for credit as I was instructed to do over the phone from Danchuk. They did credit me after examining the switch that I sent back so it must have been a bad switch. They are usually good on customer service issues at Danchuk. Good luck!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I will send it back. I took the old original apart just to see what is in there. Cleaned it up a bit and will hang onto it. I had everything but dash lights with the old one.
John F

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had the same problem with the Danchuk switch!!!, when I called them about it they said I was not doing it correctly, My whole switch broke internally, I was a GM tech back in the day but that didn't matter I explained to Danchuk But still nothing,Found an old switch in My spareparts bin

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called Danchuk this morning and spoke with "James". He said to send it back and they will credit me. Had them send a new one that I will try before installing this time. My hands must be growing with old age. Took the old one apart just to see what was in there. Of course a spring loaded part just shot across the garage and I can't find the little end piece on the slider. If you do take apart the cover with the three screws hold it tightly and slowly take the cover off to prevent loosing the springs,etc. It cleaned up pretty good. I would recommend if your original is still in the car, to pull it and clean up the rheostat that controls your dash lights. Must be copper contact that was a little corroded.
John F

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received new one today and while unwrapping out of the plastic shrinkwrap it was broken. Called James again and will be awaiting#3. Will keep you posted.
John F

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,359 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
781 Posts
i had the same problem , then it just broke after 2 weeks so i just went to a different vendor and bought one

·
Registered
369 Posts
I E-Mailed Danchuk on this problem but i don't think they have addressed it yet, I still have the carcass that once was a headlight switch but never sent it back...now i don't wonder why

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,359 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts