Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The interior shop covered the back part of my wagon with carpet. take it that underneath that is plywood?

Is that screwed in?

Or glued?

I'd love to take the whole deal out and replace it with a nice piece of wood, think it would really dress up the back of my wagon!

Also want to do the tailgate, but I know that's just screwed on.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Should be plywood, I would'nt think they would screw it down unless thats how it was when you took it in?
Did they cover up the spare tire compartment?
I've seen a couple of wagons with Pergo or the like which had been put right on top of the plywood with a cutout and hinged area for the spare tire well, looks pretty good. They used some type of plastic edging along the fenders etc were the wood met the metal and back of the rear seat.

In my '56 Handyman, I covered a piece of plywood with a piece of fabric and padding and placed it over my carpeting so that it can be removed whenever the need arises, also hides the tire compartment opening. If you would like a photo, let me know.

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I always assumed the plywood was screwed down. It was in my Delivery. Sounds like a lot of debris flying around if a mishap occurred.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts