Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 56 bel air 2 door sedan recently and the paint code is 792-d with a 578 trim color , does anyone have any pics of this combination because i cant seem to find the info ..I ran a search on google and the decoding site came up but couldn't find the paint code on there, the trim was but would like to see how it looks before i actually think about going back to stock...Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok its crocus yellow w/ laural green..Yikes!!!
With yellow vinyl/charcoal cloth......

Just by chance anyone have this particular combo and a pic?
I appreciate it...

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
Yep. You know you've got a 50's car when you roll with those colours.

Is that the colour of your car now, or just what the paint codes are showing it was originally?

Great colours, especially on an original car.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I saw one in that color combo at a show and it was a beauty.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yep. You know you've got a 50's car when you roll with those colours.

Is that the colour of your car now, or just what the paint codes are showing it was originally?

Great colours, especially on an original car.
Just what the trim tag is telling me..
I attached a pic of my car now , as you can see it couldn't be any further from the original color..Not that i thought the Dark purple was factory , i was just kind of hoping it was something at least on the same spectrum haha...

My plans are to drive it for the rest of this year then give it a remake over the winter and wasn't sure what i wanted to do, restore to original type , Pro street , or pro touring style.. I already have a pro touring 71 chevelle , factory 67 chevelle ss396 , The pro street is looking more and more logical at this point , its the style i don't have...Plus tri fives look really good when they are pro street-ed....

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can definitely see the resemblance..Nice car man :tu

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I know it's an old thread but I thought I'd do a color comparison with my 4dr HT. I don't have all the accessories that are on the 2dr, but I have some that I don't see on it. Door handle guards, windshield washers, Wonderbar radio, tinted windows all around, trailer tow hitch. I am having the grill guard refinished.
One thing I notice is the matte finish on both cars. Mine is almost a pearl finish, but definitely not metal flake. My trim number is 585.
IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6805.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts