Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So a really good guy at work said to me a week ago that he was going to be selling a few of his cars. When I asked him what they were one caught my attention. It was a 1956 big window 3200 that his dad had owned new. My first thought was to give my brother-in-law a call because I swear his dad is hoarding all the 55-56-57 Chevy cars and trucks in Washington. But after about 15 min of thinking I realized I wanted this project. This 1956 3200 has the original matching numbers 265 V8 with the three speed on the column. Last time it was licensed was 1996 and has sat in the garage in the back for the last 15 years collecting dust. Floors are solid, doors have some rust on the bottoms, someone has replaced the cab corners already, and there are a couple of small dings in the front fenders. Other than that it is a pretty straight truck. This truck came with a ridiculous amount of parts. Two extra hoods, an extra door, core support, back glass, extra emblems, 1957 GMC grill and front bumper, and about 7 huge boxes of smalls that will account to approximately 200 extra parts. (gauge clusters, interior pieces, trim, heaters, lights, etc.) I even got a complete set of the deluxe door chrome trim. One thing I tried to make him keep but he said it needed to go with the truck was one original hubcap from this truck when it was new that he took off the truck when he was a kid.

I am new to the Chevy world as well as the classic car world so this project should be a fun one. Once the wife is out of school we will both tear into it and make it a fun restoration project for the two of us. Im sure I will have it running and driving in a week or so though. The only pictures I have of it are when it was in the garage. Sorry for the long post, just excited to get into this truck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I'm jealous. If you decide this is too much of a project my dad and I would enjoy doing this project together. :congrats:

·
R.I.P. Sept. 8, 2018 Senior Member 2 Gol
2,665 Posts
Wow! Sounds like a great project and from that picture looks to be pretty pristine. Original v8 too, what a bonus. What are your plans for the restoration?

I'm looking forward to more posts and progress. :anim_25:

:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the plan for the short term is to get it dependable and drive it. The long term plan is to do a nut and bolt stock restoration. The original color was green and you can still see some of it on the inside of the firewall. I want to put it right back where it was when it came out of the factory.

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
Congratulations on your buy, and welcome to Tri-Five. I look forward to following your build.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!! For the price I couldn’t pass it up! I think he knew I would give it the attention it needs and bring it back to its former glory. With his large family he is wanting to go the four door route so he can bring everyone along.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hello :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

·
Registered
67,684 Posts
:hello: hi kona and welcome. good to have you here. congrats and have fun with it. looks like a good one. :tu

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifive:shakehands: :anim_25:with the new hauler... Later, Dave

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,790 Posts
:ciao:Hi there and :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive from New Zealand :n_z: :shakehands:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.