Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me if I'm doing this wrong, it's the first time for me on this link.
Can anyone tell me if the 56 chevy business coupe had a platform over the driveshaft hump, and if so, what it was made of.
Also where can the rubber mats be found for the interior.
Thanks a ton for any help provided,
Tattoolots

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
The only year for business coupes (no rear seat) were 55's, as far as I know. Gene (Starcitygene) might be able to assist on the floor covering you need. Him being a dealer, he would be more likely to know what original rubber floor was used.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mike there where 56 buisness coupes as well, stationary quarter glass no back seat the works, they did have a "shelf" over the hump (don't know what its made of) Good luck on the rubber mat, I gave up the hunt.

There was a realy clean original example on ebay a few weeks ago Ill try to find the pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Utility sedan information

Thank you very much for your replies to my question, the pictures were great. Now I have a fairly good idea of what I'm doing. You guys are my new heroes. Thanks again, Tattoolots.

·
Administrator
49,664 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think it was ebay, I may be wrong. It fetched some pretty good numbers though, I got the info from another chevy site, can't post the link, I think there is some bad blood ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey! I just recently obtained a 56 utility myself, and was wondering if you had any luck finding replacement parts for the storage area. I am missing all of what used to be there, as someone had a rear seat installed. Does anyone know where to obtainany of these storage area parts?

487 Posts
The only year for business coupes (no rear seat) were 55's, as far as I know. Gene (Starcitygene) might be able to assist on the floor covering you need. Him being a dealer, he would be more likely to know what original rubber floor was used.
All 3 years had "150" Business Coupes (Utility Sedans) no rear seat and no opening quater windows. The rubber floor mat (passenger area) is being repoduced, but the cargo area is not as far as I know (could be wrong).

·
Administrator
49,664 Posts
That looks like it would just be a flat rubber matting which you can get from an upholstery shop. Might not have the same patterning or print as the front repo piece though.
Terry

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Normal Chevy 2-dr business coupes (utility sedans) were built through at least '59 and I suspect maybe 1960 but that would have probably been the last year of a long line of this body style. Like the sedan delivery finding interior parts is a bear for these cars. I have some pictures of a '57 150 4-dr utility sedan, something I never knew was built and probably a special order car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
business coupe/utility sedan

Hello gang,
I found a vinal floor mat for the '56 thru Danchuk. After inquiring, they sent a letter with a small sample of the mat.
Thanks for your help,
tattoolots

1 - 16 of 16 Posts