Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week i put my 1956 license plate on after getting it transfered to my car,In Ohio you take the old plate to the license branch,they want to see it,they take a copy of it,and for $4.50 they will transfer it to your car,Its really a good deal as my friend in Indiana says it cost him $80.00 I think he said .I did repaint it,I used a Rustolium dark green which matched very well ,and i redid the numbers,they turned out not perfect but good.should be a picture,RICH:bowtieb:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Nice. :happy0030:

I too did the "Model Year Plates" on two of my '57s. This was many years ago. Back then the BVM would allow you to run the plates for zero fee. ($0)

You just copied the plate like on a copy machine and sent the copy to them yourself. They researched the plate and if no one else had applied for running the plate you have, they would send you a registration for that plate.

I was lucky I was given the original, first time plates for my 210 4-door Sedan by the original owner's grandson. The plates had been stuck up on the wall in his grandparents garage. By his grandfather I assume? Out of the blue I got a phone call one day offering the plates to me. "If I wanted them."

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
This week i put my 1956 license plate on after getting it transfered to my car,In Ohio you take the old plate to the license branch,they want to see it,they take a copy of it,and for $4.50 they will transfer it to your car,Its really a good deal as my friend in Indiana says it cost him $80.00 I think he said .I did repaint it,I used a Rustolium dark green which matched very well ,and i redid the numbers,they turned out not perfect but good.should be a picture,RICH:bowtieb:
Looks great........:bowtier:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts