1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Blue Demon Project Page

This is my project: Blue Demon
1957 210 Bel-Air
Currently it is get tubbed and getting a new trunk and panels.
I just got a 454 for it and currently gathering parts for the build.

I'm going to go with paint silver bumpers and painted stainless, I will not be adding the insert and thinking about removing the light bar on the grill.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Nice concept of your 57 Chevy, are you going to try to duplicate that "Satin Finish" like the concept car ??? That'd be nice, post some real pics of it when you get a chance, we'd love to see it. Best of luck with it! BDR...:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
57 Satin Finished

Nice concept of your 57 Chevy, are you going to try to duplicate that "Satin Finish" like the concept car ??? That'd be nice, post some real pics of it when you get a chance, we'd love to see it. Best of luck with it! BDR...:cool:
Yes, first I was doing it to be cheap, but the more examples I saw of it, I kinda liked it. I should pics up tomorrow of the work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Photos

Bought the car in 1997 for 250.00. Been stored since then. This is what I'm working with. Have more photos at Blue Demon Project Page

Last owner cut out the panel to fit in a wider rearend and tires. Jerk!

This is the progress I got from Boneyard Restro-Rods in Houston.

This is my donor car (1957 210 4 Door with a 283 and original A/C)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Donor Car when under the knife.

Sorry guys, I had to do it, I need the metal. One must die for another to live.
But first I have to remove the Trunk lid and bumper

Going to have tons of left over parts, let me know what you need and I'll tell you if I'm keeping it or selling it. (A/C already sold)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Is there a reason you aren't purchasing replacement sheet metal from Danchuk? It might have been cheaper than buying a donor car and the metal is much more fresh.

Guys like me would love to see that poor ole' four door get new life! She looks pretty good!

But otherwise cool project! Looking forward to seeing more updates.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Donor car

Is there a reason you aren't purchasing replacement sheet metal from Danchuk? It might have been cheaper than buying a donor car and the metal is much more fresh.

Guys like me would love to see that poor ole' four door get new life! She looks pretty good!

But otherwise cool project! Looking forward to seeing more updates.
Why I bought a donor car.
1: I got the car for a cheap price.
2: Car was complete
3: I can sell the parts I don't use to buy more stuff I want.
4: There is no way buying all new parts was going to be cheaper. If you saw where my starting point was, buy all new interior would have cost more then the donor car. Let not forget, I had to get someone to do the welding for me, that cost money.

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
Why I bought a donor car.
1: I got the car for a cheap price.
2: Car was complete
3: I can sell the parts I don't use to buy more stuff I want.
4: There is no way buying all new parts was going to be cheaper. If you saw where my starting point was, buy all new interior would have cost more then the donor car. Let not forget, I had to get someone to do the welding for me, that cost money.

Sounds like a man with a plan......:tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
689 Posts
The right color of Blue and brushed stainless would look very cool. Can't wait to see the progress.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Painted Bumper and stainless

Found this example of painted bumpers and stainless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Updates from Boneyard Resto-Rod in Houston

Progress on the panels

They had to cut out the cancer and replace with new section from the donor car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have always wanted a couch.

Had to do it, this is my only chance to have one of my own. It will mean more if I build it myself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Look away if you have a weak stomach.

Had to remove the doors first

Going to recycle the doors. I promise to find them good homes. If you know anybody that needs them, let me know.

Removed all the glass and getting ready to cut the top. This will also go to another car that might need it. Let me now if you need a rust free roof.

The original 283 chevy motor.

Going to keep this frame and clean it up before my car gets back from the shop, that way, all I have to do is place the fixed body on a clean frame and sell the other frame.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts