Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an original 283 V8 from 1957 with no side mounts in my car. It's not original to the car (originally a 6cyl car) so there is no pressing reason to keep it with the car. As I'm about to do a T700 conversion, it would be a good time to replace the block with a side mounted one. If anyone is interested in an original 57 motor as a short block, let me know. I will only sell it as a short block as I want to keep the top end to retain the original look if I put a later motor in. It was fully rebuilt (bored 40 thou) some years back when I rebuilt the whole car and has only done about 5,000 miles since then according to the odometer. If no one is interested by the time I do the T700 conversion I'll just keep this block.

I will of course be replacing the powerglide. It was also rebuilt at the same time as the engine, but has always been leaky. The trans shop told me they had trouble finding seals for the selector shafts as they were worn. I believe it's out of a 59 car, but I can't really recall. I'm pretty sure it's not a 57 glide.

These will be pick up only, from inner east of Melbourne.

If anyone is interested in either of these please let me know via private message.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.