Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the correct carbs for the 1957 Dual Carburetor setup. Only the rear carburetor has a choke. The progressive linkage allows that only the rear carburetor is operational until opening a certain amount at which point the front carburetor begins opening, continuing until both are fully open.

Left side:

Right side:

Air horns marked 6-1299:

Bowls marked 049:

Linkage:

Fuel and Choke lines:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Who re-did the carbs? I've got a couple sets I want to get done eventually, I want them properly "colored" Like yours. Are the passenger car wcfb's the same as the Corvette carbs?

·
Registered
65,615 Posts
thanks for info. great looking carbs too, thanks David. :tu

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Who re-did the carbs? I've got a couple sets I want to get done eventually, I want them properly "colored" Like yours. Are the passenger car wcfb's the same as the Corvette carbs?
As far as I know, Corvette and passenger car WCFBs were the same. Weights are different 245hp vs. 270hp

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The carbs in the last picture are not original. The primary to secondary linkage is 58 and later single quad. Ask me how I know. I have 2 58 single quads on my race car. A real rear dual quad has a secondary arm with 3 holes in it. The first set of pictures shows long arms on the secondary air valves. those are used on 58-61 270hp carbs( and 57 single quads). All 57 dual quads used short armed valves, some with a small weight like a 56 dual quad, but most with the larger weight, weather 245 or 270.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts