Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the 1957 Bel-Air find that I found in Mexico. The guy wanted $500 for the car. I won´t buy it because I dont have the $$, but what do you guys think of the car?:eek:

As I dont know almost ANYTHING about Tri-Five Chevys, please teach me about what you guys can see right off the bat. Also, take a look at my photobucket album to see more pics!+
Enjoy!

·
Registered
166 Posts
That is a very good car for $500!!! It could be sold for way more than that just by parting it out! Lots of nice original stuff still there.I noticed it has Oklahoma tags.You need to try and come up with the $$$ and jump on that one!

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
It looks like a lot of stuff has been stripped from this car... Looks like always a V8 car... Not sure what the transmission is but I believe it was an automatic converted to stick shift... Wrong steering wheel and an aftermarket turn signal thingie on the column... Someone with a lot of money and patience could bring it back to life but it wouldn't be me... Not trying to throw
cold water on your project just what this tired old guy observed... Does it have a good title? :anim_25:with your decision... Later, Dave

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
That is a very good car for $500!!! It could be sold for way more than that just by parting it out! Lots of nice original stuff still there.I noticed it has Oklahoma tags.You need to try and come up with the $$$ and jump on that one!
Second that......cheap car,great starting point :tu

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I live in DFW, and this car currently resides in Mexico City, so even if I did buy it, I would have to pay for the shipping costs, which I think would be horrendous. As for all the missing pieces, take a look at the photobucket album. He has EVERYTHING for the car. The only problem is that it was hit in the front right hand side, and will need a new fender etc.
Here is the Link

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u253/chstitans42/Mexico Barn Finds/

·
Registered
66,326 Posts
would have to put alot into it, but the price can't be beat. :) ................$500 is a million pesos. :eek:

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,371 Posts
Good deal or not, this car represents a LOT of work for you. If you want a long term project go for it, but as you're new to TriFives, I would think you'd want something more complete. The extra cash spend now will be more than compensated for down the line.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,399 Posts
It looks like a lot of stuff has been stripped from this car... Looks like always a V8 car... Not sure what the transmission is but I believe it was an automatic converted to stick shift... Wrong steering wheel and an aftermarket turn signal thingie on the column... Someone with a lot of money and patience could bring it back to life but it wouldn't be me... Not trying to throw
cold water on your project just what this tired old guy observed... Does it have a good title? :anim_25:with your decision... Later, Dave
Hate to be critical and negative....However, have to agree with above......When someone says "Barn Find" I expect to see a car that has been kept in a barn for years in its original condition and has survived molestation.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You'd be surprised what it would look like if you pulled it out of that hole and put it in a garage, let it dry out and clean it up. I've brought two of them home looking like that and they clean up fairly well. It will take lots of work, for sure, and time - as mentioned, but if that doesn't scare you off then go for it. There's nothing to a small block Chevy, you could have it running in no time. Good luck if you get it!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
It has the kilometer speedo and rear bumper guards on it.
That's half of the $500.00 right there!
You could hire a Mexican national to drive it (or tow it)to the border for you.:D
Mike.:)
I agree, worth more than that parted out!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Here are some pics of the 1957 Bel-Air find that I found in Mexico. The guy wanted $500 for the car. I won´t buy it because I dont have the $$, but what do you guys think of the car?:eek:

As I dont know almost ANYTHING about Tri-Five Chevys, please teach me about what you guys can see right off the bat. Also, take a look at my photobucket album to see more pics!+
Enjoy!
Hello I don't understand the picture showing the flywheel and clutch.mostly the presure plate,Maybe someone smarter can respond,But its worth $500.00 RICH

·
Registered
183 Posts
Barn Find

Leave it for the federalities to restore. Too much that cannot be seen. Getting it to US major headache. You can do better than that without all of the hassles which will be associated with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
U.S. lic plates and it's in Mexico.. I'd be investigating that VIN before putting work in her.
But doesn't look too bad for the cash!

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Its a 3 speed stick. Its worth $500 but being in Mexico, it could be stolen. Its a super rare model though! It has dual turn signal switches :sign0020:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts