Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have many new and used parts for your car. I am not a dealer but a private seller who has many parts left over from my build. Contact me at e-mail [email protected] for your parts needs. I may just have the parts you need for your build. I will be posting a parts list on Craigs list in a few days with a total list of parts i have for sale.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I will be posting a parts list on Craigs list in a few days with a total list of parts i have for sale.
A word of caution: Craiglist is the most scammer filled site, I've ever been on.
Most of the time, it takes less than 30 minutes, to begin getting phony offers.
Good luck with your sale.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
You always know it's a scammer if you get the text or (seldom) call within the first couple hours especially if it's not a area code you recognize. I always put at the end of the add no emails text or calls only but they still try texting then asking you to email back to they're mother or some other bull. I just don't respond & it has only happened a couple times where it turned out to have been legitimate. I'll take the chance on missing a sell by not answering.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
You always know it's a scammer if you get the text or (seldom) call within the first couple hours especially if it's not a area code you recognize. I always put at the end of the add no emails text or calls only but they still try texting then asking you to email back to they're mother or some other bull. I just don't respond & it has only happened a couple times where it turned out to have been legitimate. I'll take the chance on missing a sell by not answering.
True dat, Facebook Marketplace also.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Got started removing the bellhousing mounts inside the frame. Still have to finish cutting the welds on the sides to get the rest of the bracket ends off, then a little surface grinding of the welds a little to look better, then will finish the bottom piece when I flip the frame over.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Finished up with both sides where I could reach. Will have to take care of the bottom strips when I am done working on the top and flip the frame over.

Brushed on a little epoxy primer to protect the exposed metal and good to go for awhile.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I have been thinking about the 2 engine stand idea, but both of mine are currently in use.

Most likely will just get some help and flip it over by hand unless I come across a couple more for a good deal.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I started to say that they were cheap but I didn't see any cheap ones on Ebay except for a couple of used ones. You might check Craigs list. I paid about $45 for mine a few months ago but I didn't see that one offered any more. Harbor freight has a cheap one for $49 and a better cheap one for $69. It would be handy to have a rotisserie for your project because you are probably going to want to flip it several times. I probably flipped mine a dozen times just cleaning it out and when I welded the shock relocation bar, then again a few times when I primed it and when I sprayed rust proofing inside the rails. It's one of the handiest things that I've bought so far.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I started to say that they were cheap but I didn't see any cheap ones on Ebay except for a couple of used ones. You might check Craigs list. I paid about $45 for mine a few months ago but I didn't see that one offered any more. Harbor freight has a cheap one for $49 and a better cheap one for $69. It would be handy to have a rotisserie for your project because you are probably going to want to flip it several times. I probably flipped mine a dozen times just cleaning it out and when I welded the shock relocation bar, then again a few times when I primed it and when I sprayed rust proofing inside the rails. It's one of the handiest things that I've bought so far.
Yeah, always watching craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. Last one I got was a stand and a cherry picker with a dead cylinder for $50.00 for the pair.

They come up fairly often, problem is, sometimes just a little too far away to make it worth the trip.

1957 Bel air
130 Posts
The rust repair is looking good. Nothing wrong with hiring some experience to take care of that.
Excellent find. I should have been so lucky. Mine looked decent but needed new floor, quarter panels and lots more to bring it back to life.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Got a great buy on a 57 frame that had rust free body perches and was also a Sport Coupe with the extra body mount bracket that my frame I am working on was missing. So instead of having to try and repair the rusted out mounting brackets, I can replace with solid, factory ones.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts