Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
TY,
Ok, Time to go over the brakes. Just wondering if the 3200 model is the same as a Cameo as far as brake hardware goes. Ex. wheel cylinders, hoses, ect.
On the positive note, I started it for the first time in probably 35 years. Ran good, but I only wanted to let it run for a short time 'cause of no coolant in radiator.
Can't wait till it's road ready.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Ok, been thinking about putting power disc brakes on the truck (For Safety reasons). I was wondering how easy/hard it would be to change over. How much would I expect to pay. Can I use the original wheels, ect. Thanks for any help or advice.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
Just wanted to post an update. Truck is running, sounds good, Will need exhaust. (Most of it has rust holes in it). All most all the metal underneath has just surface rust on it. (A lot of wire wheeling & Brushing ahead of me). Got new wheel cylinders & hoses. Brake pads look pretty good. (Quite a lot of pad left). Brake lines must have been replace with stainless lines 'cause there is no rust on them & they look like they were replaced before putting in storage. If I am looking right it seems like the lower radiator hose (Where it mounts to the pump is leaking. (The hose is new, but no compression spring in it). I cannot seem to find a "fixed" lower hose. They all are flex hoses & I'de like to keep the original look. Hopefully will have it road ready by spring. Seat has been reupholstered.
Once again thanks to everyone who gave me some input & advice on the truck.

·
Registered
67,073 Posts
good to hear your making progress. :anim_25: ------> hint:pics-1:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Ok it's been a while since my last post. (Got busy with other projects.) I went to put the new door panel on (from Ciadella) and they didn't come with original "c" clips molded into the panels. Any suggestions on how to attach them? I guess I could just glue the old clips to the new panels, or is there a better way? Thanks for any tips or help. It's slowly coming along. Hopefully in the next month or so I can get it on the road.:gba:

·
Registered
67,073 Posts
I will move back to top for you. :anim_25:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Ok, good news. Finallllly got her out for the first time in probably 35 -40 years. Everything went fairly good except 2 things:

1. It seems like it is overheating. The radiator is rebuilt, new thermostat, new hoses, ect. I only went about 10 miles round trip & the radiator was so hot I could not even get close to touching it, and there was very slight smoke coming from the oil fill tube. I cannot really tell for sure if it is overheating though because the temp guage does not work. (I have a new temp sensor on order.)

2. The steering is all over the road. I have brand new wide white radials. I checked the steering bow & aside from a very little bit of gunk that looked like wheel bearing grease it was dry. What kind of fluid does the steering box take? I've heard anything from 80/90 gear lube to chassis greese.
Thank you ahead of time for any tips or help. I can't wait to get it all dialed in & drive it without any worries.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts