Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday to everyone,
My 1957 chev is 95% finished, I am just fixing a few bits and bobs and then I will be taking into town to try and get it Registered so I can hit the road.

I want to Thank everyone who helped me and shared their vast knowledge on Tri Fves with me to help me get to the finish post, I am not sure how I could of got the 57 to were it is today without you all.

A huge thanks to Mikey whos knowledge and willing to help is amazing. Good on you mate I cant thank you enough.

I will post a few picks of before and after, it has taken me 9 years to do with a lot of set backs and problems and cursing and new parts that did not fit or had to be modified to fit I could go on and on but as I have found out that's what it takes to restore a tri five.

There was only 3 steps of the rebuild that I did not do.

The paint job , I did all the body work.
The 2 1/2 " stainless steel exhaust system
The complete re wiring.

I did everything else.
My trade is Plumbing so I am very proud of my effort.
I have learnt a lot over the journey and I am now very glad I did it but I defiantly would not do it again.

Maca From West Australia

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Plant Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car Grille
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Sky
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood

I

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
12,488 Posts
Really well done!

Mikey

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your Kind words and Once again a big thanks To Mikey.
I agree with Panel mans coments that it will never be finished, I know I will be inkering with for the rest of my life But thats ok as i will enjoy looking after it and cruzin.

Maca

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is a beauty. You'll enjoy it for years to come and with any luck you're kids will enjoy it as well.
I would like to think that my Daughter will be able to have my 57 when im gone but the way the so called leaders are going there probably wont be any petrol allowed to run it :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts