Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the late 60's I saw one of these on the back of a wrecker in Security,Colorado. Question is have, you ever seen one?

I initially thought that someone could not find a front end for their Cadillac so they put on a 57 Chevy front clip.
I laughed then and inquired about it. I was told then by a mechanic who was at the restaurant that we were in that it was an El Morocco and was a rare car. Mike

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
there was a guy in West Chester, Ohio that had one. a beautiful car but I think he sold it for big bucks some years ago

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you google it there is quite a bit of information on them, The one in Ohio was probably George Shwarz

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Saw three of them in one place. 57 Heaven Museum Branson Missouri. Also there is a 4 door hardtop one here in Iowa..

·
Premium Member
11,707 Posts
Saw one at the hershey Pennsylvania fall meet in the late 70's when I was a teenager, have not seen one since.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Before Classic Chevy became Ecklers, they had a convention in Columbus Ohio. It was in the 90s. At the show they had 2 or 3 of them there. At that time it was the most El Morocco's together at one time.

They are amazing cars. I got a bunch of pictures.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes,I googled it. It says 16 made. Saw a 56 among the 57's too. Mike

·
Registered
623 Posts
I recall seeing one some years ago. I just can't remember which Concours it may have been at, we attend quite a few? Then again it could have been at the muesem in Hickory Corners, MI? A great place to visit!

Bo

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Seems that if someone had Otis' money and Pops knowhow..One could clone one pretty easily.:shakehands:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
hershey

Saw one at the hershey Pennsylvania fall meet in the late 70's when I was a teenager, have not seen one since.
Wow, here's an old memory. I bought one at Hershey but in 1973. Wish I still had it. There was another a couple of years later but the front end must have been wrecked as it was sporting an original 57 nose. Jay

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
el moraco

Seems that if someone had Otis' money and Pops knowhow..One could clone one pretty easily.:shakehands:
Might have already been done. I was in a SoCal restoration shop a few years ago. There was an elMoraco conv on a rotisery in bare metal. Nearby was a sport coupe that I was guessing that they were using as a guide. Would not be as easy as you think. A lot of quarter panel body dhanges and much of the trim is extruded (SP) brass. Taillights were 56 Plymouth and the lights down on the bumper were 55 Dodge. Loved the flat hood, finally learned how to do it. Jay

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I remember seeing one back in the 60's at a stop light... Didn't know what it was then just figured some guy really customized his 57 Chevy... Later, Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts