Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1957 Chevrolet Treadlevac Power Brake SetUp, Original

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  hpnelson001 
#1 · (Edited)
I have for sale an original Treadlevac Power Brake Setup in it's original condition. Came off a option laden 4 door. Was going to use it on my 150, but decided to go disc in the front and not do the original route. Maybe for you purist out there that are doing an original restoration, this will work for you. I've got it priced at $350 plus shipping, but will look at any offers. It will probably need rebuilding, as I've not done it, and I don't know it's history. Came from a local TriFive collector's estate after he passed away. (Old rodders never die, they just fade away). Anyway, if you're interested, take a look at these pics that I have on photobucket.com. Thanks for looking. PM me with any questions.
Best,
Mike:bowtieb:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn163/daddiegirl2008/treadlevac power brakes/treadlevac.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn163/daddiegirl2008/treadlevac power brakes/treadlevac2.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn163/daddiegirl2008/treadlevac power brakes/treadlevac3.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn163/daddiegirl2008/treadlevac power brakes/treadlevac4.jpg

#2 ·
do you have the linkage from the interior side of the firewall that is needed to make the power brake usable ?

#4 ·
Gary,:shakehands:
just what you see is what I'm selling. Was not sure what to price them at, but did a little research to find out what they are on Ebay and Google. The linkage will have to be found...thanks
Mike:bowtieb:

#5 ·
treadlevac power brakes

Guys,
motivated to sell. Surely somebody needs these original parts? I've got them priced, but I'll take any offer with serious consideration. Need to move them ASAP...thanks to all interested Tri-5ers.
Mi:blowtiedb:ke

#6 ·
treadlevac for sale...No takers?

Hi to all,
been advertising this power brake unit for a few weeks now, and thought surely someone needed it? I got a low ball offer, (at least I thought it was low ball) for $100....what is a reasonable price to pay for this piece as you see pictured and may need rebuilding? I want to be fair, and I thought they were pretty rare. Any idea or feedback what I should be asking? $350 may be a little rich, since I've had no takers, but $100 sounds like a steal to me. Thanks for the input..
best,
Mike bowtie-trifive

#7 ·
it is 240.00 just to have the unit rebuilt if you had all the linkage from the pedal to fire wall bracket and the tank to go with it and worked good then 350.00 is fair but if not complete and needs rebuild then it is up to you on the price to settle on. just my 2 cents

#8 ·
treadlevac

Bam Bam,
have there been other treadlevacs sold on this site? What did they get for a price and needing rebuilt? Just wondering...thanks
Mikebowtie-trifive

#12 ·
1957 treadlevac

Bam Bam,
have there been other treadlevacs sold on this site? What did they get for a price and needing rebuilt? Just wondering...thanks
Mikebowtie-trifive
Have had these parts too long. Got an offer for $100 from a guy passing through. I couldn't meet with him, as I had an appointment I had to meet. I'm offering this to anyone on the site who wants an original power booster, bracket and expansion tank. Will take $100 bucks plus shipping. Anybody interested? PM me...thanks
Mike

#10 ·
Mike
The expensive hard to find items, the brake pedal and the Z bar linkage under the dash, are missing.
Also missing check valve, brass Tee.
The bracket, tank and booster are more common.

Is the piston free in the booster? Does it move when you push in on the actuator rod?

As for value on an incomplete set , It's what's someone wants to pay.

Good luck in your sale.

#11 ·
Yes, the piston is free in the cylinder. It compresses with hand pressure as there is not fluid in it. So with all the feedback and wanting to be fair, I'm lowering these parts to a flat $150 bucks plus shipping to your locale. You may not have to rebuild it, but I have no clue on the internals. It looks really good, but if you do, then this will help you get it rebuilt...now the vacuum tank, if you went out and bought it from Danchuk or other suppliers is $125 and change...so PM me if you think you can use the pieces...thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.