Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
anybody use the Golden Star fenders for the 57 chevy? If so, how did they fit? Would you recommend them, and if not, who would you recommend on price and fit? thanks:shakehands:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I haven't used them but I was having a conversation with the guys at Restoration World about their fenders ( I believe Goldstar) and they said they fit pretty good but if my originals were repairable then I would be better off using them, and that's what I did. The guys at RW are stand up guys.

·
RIP 02-03-2022
50,809 Posts
I haven't used them but I was having a conversation with the guys at Restoration World about their fenders ( I believe Goldstar) and they said they fit pretty good but if my originals were repairable then I would be better off using them, and that's what I did. The guys at RW are stand up guys.

I always like the idea of original if possible.....:anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hey,
anybody use the Golden Star fenders for the 57 chevy? If so, how did they fit? Would you recommend them, and if not, who would you recommend on price and fit? thanks:shakehands:
I have a set of reproduction '57 fenders from Rest-World. They don't "fit pretty good". I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. The angled part where the hood bar extensions is way off, the holes are 1/2" off, the curvature at the cowl on the passenger fender is wrong, the curve to th hood is wrong,and on, and on...mine are 2 years old.....I highly doubt they are any better now.............fix your factory fenders or you will be sorry.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a set of reproduction '57 fenders from Rest-World. They don't "fit pretty good". I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. The angled part where the hood bar extensions is way off, the holes are 1/2" off, the curvature at the cowl on the passenger fender is wrong, the curve to th hood is wrong,and on, and on...mine are 2 years old.....I highly doubt they are any better now.............fix your factory fenders or you will be sorry.
Well,
that's good enough for me....My fenders are original, but have just a little bow at the bottom on the passenger side....I used them, but I'm going to have them gone over by a family member who is a body man, (better than me :sign0020:). I just wanted a feedback reply from anyone who has used them and how they fit....any pics of the problems you're talking about? :shakehands:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Probably not much help, but about 10 years ago, I bought 2 new front fenders from Danchuk for my '57. I don't have a clue as to who manufactured them. They fit well and I don't recall any issues. Regardless, I still believe nothing fits like the factory piece.

·
Administrator
70,795 Posts
Well,
that's good enough for me....My fenders are original, but have just a little bow at the bottom on the passenger side....I used them, but I'm going to have them gone over by a family member who is a body man, (better than me :sign0020:). I just wanted a feedback reply from anyone who has used them and how they fit....any pics of the problems you're talking about? :shakehands:
Stick with the ones you have just a little bow, they all bow :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Well,

I have them off the car now but I can grab some pictures while out at the garage this weekend.......do yourself a huge favor, use/fix your originals. I didn't listen to the advice offered and I am sorry I didn't. I ended up buying a set of original fenders.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably not much help, but about 10 years ago, I bought 2 new front fenders from Danchuk for my '57. I don't have a clue as to who manufactured them. They fit well and I don't recall any issues. Regardless, I still believe nothing fits like the factory piece.
Carmine,
you mention they fit well...is that on the 57 you're selling that you got new fenders for? What was the brand name of the fenders from Danchuk? Are they still offering those fenders for sale? Any issues that you see on the car with gap, or at the cowl...any alignment problems....everyone else is saying "stay away from repop", and you have a different outcome for yours....pics of the areas of concern raised? That would surely help make a decision...thanks
:shakehands:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have them off the car now but I can grab some pictures while out at the garage this weekend.......do yourself a huge favor, use/fix your originals. I didn't listen to the advice offered and I am sorry I didn't. I ended up buying a set of original fenders.
Hi,
just a follow up....I'm speaking with a gentleman on Ebay with ID "adealsap"This guy has 25K FBs and 99.9% positive rating, so he knows his stuff ...I asked him about fit for the fenders made in USA compared to those coming from overseas. He said the USA repops had lots of problems and that the overseas models were much better and fit well. Now the USA is made by GS (Golden Star) out of Texas...Wonder where the overseas fenders are made? Has anybody on this forum used them and if so, how did they fit? Were the braces strong as original. Did you have to modify them, and if so, how much? I'm torn, as I want the fenders on my car perfect on the passenger side, as it is on the driver's side...the drivers side is near perfect and gaps are great. I would like to hear from a member who has actually used them, not third party info....anybody? thanks :shakehands::flag6:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carmine,
you mention they fit well...is that on the 57 you're selling that you got new fenders for? What was the brand name of the fenders from Danchuk? Are they still offering those fenders for sale? Any issues that you see on the car with gap, or at the cowl...any alignment problems....everyone else is saying "stay away from repop", and you have a different outcome for yours....pics of the areas of concern raised? That would surely help make a decision...thanks
:shakehands:
Carmine,
should I send you a PM about the fenders on your car? :shakehands:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Carmine,
Just an FYI, if you buy fenders from Resto-World, you own them for good, any freight item is NON-RETURNABLE. That would be the fenders :(

Quote from their website:

Items too large for UPS Ground must be shipped truck freight. Truck orders must be prepaid with an accepted credit card.
Freight items are non-returnable and non-refundable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.