Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the gold "Bel Air" (along with badge) on the sides of my dad's 1957 Chevy Bel Air. I appears that the side inserts have to be removed first. How do you remove the upper (and lower) trim moldings, avoiding damage to the paint?

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
The trim will depend on if it has the original clips or an aftermarket clip. You will need to come up from underneath and do one of 2 things. If the clips are originals then they will be a pop-in clip and you can get those loose by pinching the end of the clips and pushing outward. If the clips have been replaced then they may be clips with nuts on them that need to be removed. That will cover the rear section. The front section will need to be removed from inside the car. Remove the rear inner interior panels and the inner panel cover. Then you can remove the clips from inside the quarter panel. There will be some nuts to remove to get those out.
Terry

·
Registered
298 Posts
when I took mine off used a plastic paddle.mine were aslo glued but the manual says not to as to let any water run down and not set inside to rust.but my inserts had two holes in them where the chevy emblem fit

·
Administrator
68,068 Posts
when I took mine off used a plastic paddle.mine were aslo glued but the manual says not to as to let any water run down and not set inside to rust.but my inserts had two holes in them where the chevy emblem fit
DO NOT glue them back, its a rust trap :anim_25:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts