Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody know the secrect to install a new grille bar? I received a new one for christmas and have spent two hours trying to install it. I can get everything to line up if i take the insert, the rubber, the steal plate out. If i leave those in the bar teaters from one side to the other leaving about a 1 in gap. It is like the steal is bent wrong of maybe the hole was drill on the wrong side. The plate right now is bent towards the emblem. Any help would be appreciated Thank you

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
without seeing it I can't say specifically.
Is your center spacer assembly bent?
http://www.55-57chevys.com/coccc/tech/57/13-4.gif

this link may not work. But go to the site and look under manuals 1957 section 13 sheet #4.

Those outer spacer assmbly's are more often times bent as well.

Did you have an unbent/unbroken grill bar on there that you took off?

Should be an easy bolt on otherwise. Having said that...there are times when nothing comes easy...though it seemingly should.:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
I remember once trying to put rear bumper guards on my 66 Chevelle. No mater how I turned or placed them, they just would not fit. A good friend told me to loosen all of the bumper bolts then they would go on. I thought he was pulling my leg but in desperation I tried it. I was amazed, they went right on. I tightened everything back up and......looked fantastic.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Does anybody know the secrect to install a new grille bar? I received a new one for christmas and have spent two hours trying to install it. I can get everything to line up if i take the insert, the rubber, the steal plate out. If i leave those in the bar teaters from one side to the other leaving about a 1 in gap. It is like the steal is bent wrong of maybe the hole was drill on the wrong side. The plate right now is bent towards the emblem. Any help would be appreciated Thank you
I guess I'm trying to understand what you are asking. I bought a new original style '57 grille off e-bay and a new grille bar from Keith's Classic Parts and had both of them changed out in less than 2 hours. Everything bolted right up.
Bill

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I bought a new grille bar off Gene Rishforth (RIP buddy) a couple years back. CCI was running a special on them and Gene offered one for their price. Saved me some $$$ shipping too cause I drove to his shop. But I had no problems mounting it. And I believe there's only one source for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts