Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, im putting in a new rear wiring harness for my tail lights. were does the harness go though the body? looks like a 1 inch hole required. were do I drill it?

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
hello, im putting in a new rear wiring harness for my tail lights. were does the harness go though the body? looks like a 1 inch hole required. were do I drill it?
If you look in the trunk behind the tail lights there is a hole on each side for the wiring to the tail lights/backup lights. The main wiring for the back will run though the channel on the floor on the drivers side up over the right rear fender well into the trunk - that is how mine is.

:anim_25:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Body hole for rear wire harness pass through

The hole should already be in your floor for the wire harness to pass through from top to underneath. The green arrow in the attached photo shows where the hole should be. If you look very closely in the picture, you can see the wire harness traveling forward from the hole, to the front of the car.

Driver.

Attachments

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,150 Posts
Here is another, with the wood out. The wide side trim will cover the area where the wood is short, and the harness runs on the inside of the body.

The new harness should have the special grommet that fits in the hole.

Mikey

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes new harness had the big grommet. its in and working! now I have to figure out why the front lights have no power. its coming out if the switch but not getting out the lights . I suspect a bad hi/lo switch. todays mini project.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,017 Posts
yes new harness had the big grommet. its in and working! now I have to figure out why the front lights have no power. its coming out if the switch but not getting out the lights . I suspect a bad hi/lo switch. todays mini project.
Are the front parking lights working? It could be the firewall plug not plugged in all the way. If the firewall connector is installed wrong, it can keep the engine side plug from making good contact.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no park lights either. I do have power to the horn relay and the alt.( im using the conversion harness for a alternator internal reg form danchuk)

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,017 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update,. it was the hi lo beam switch. my local store had one. blinkers only needed a flasher unit. all lights now work! Im doing the wheel alignment and installing my Saturn bucket seats.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts