Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone know what year ,or car for that matter, that these lift gate supports will fit on? I bought them and was told that they would fit a 1957 Nomad. Wrong. They do not fit. They have the wrong brackets on one end. I cannot tell if someone had altered the support arm by adding the wrong brackets or if these are for a completly different car all together.

Any help would really take the sting out of this sitsuation. I have read some post on this board and there seems to be a wealth of intellegent people on here.

Thanks in advance.

I am new to the forums so I figured I would quickly share my Tri-Five will all of you who are interested. Complete frame off restore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted this in another section of the forum. I figured this would be a more appropriate spot.

What is this????

Does anyone know what year ,or car for that matter, that these lift gate supports will fit on? I bought them and was told that they would fit a 1957 Nomad. Wrong. They do not fit. They have the wrong brackets on one end. I cannot tell if someone had altered the support arm by adding the wrong brackets or if these are for a completly different car all together.

Any help would really take the sting out of this sitsuation. I have read some post on this board and there seems to be a wealth of intellegent people on here.

Thanks in advance.

I am new to the forums so I figured I would quickly share my Tri-Five will all of you who are interested. Complete frame off restore.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
THEY AQRE DEFINETLY LIFT GATEBRACKETS,I,M NOT SURE IF DIFFERENT ONES FOR DIF. YEARS ,LOOKS LIKE THE ONES ON MY 55 NOMAD, I,M SURE ONE OF OUR EXPERTS WILL ANSWER SOON DICK

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nomads have an angle bracket on the upper end, these are for a station wagon, John Chambers Vintage Chevy in AZ @ 623 934-2438 should be able to help you out.

Nice looking 57 you have there.

Do you belong to the Chevy Nomad Club? if not check them out @ chevynomadclub.com
:blowtiedb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nomads have an angle bracket on the upper end, these are for a station wagon, John Chambers Vintage Chevy in AZ @ 623 934-2438 should be able to help you out.

Nice looking 57 you have there.

Do you belong to the Chevy Nomad Club? if not check them out @ chevynomadclub.com
:blowtiedb:
Thank you.
Any idea of the year that these might fit on?

I am going to visit the nomad club site. I had looked into a couple of years ago, but as life goes I got busy. I am finally done with my Nomad and I am looking to enjoy it until I sell it.

·
12,256 Posts
Go with the gas struts and eliminate your torsion rods. Those things will screw up your liftgate. 56Madmook straightened my liftgate so if yours needs it I would highly recommend having him do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone for their help. I got the answers that I needed. That was quick. Its good to see people around that are willing to help a brother Tri-Five owner.

I am sure that I will have some other questions. I have boxes of parts left over to sell now that I am done with my car. I dont know where to start with sell all of this stuff.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Go with the gas struts and eliminate your torsion rods. Those things will screw up your liftgate. 56Madmook straightened my liftgate so if yours needs it I would highly recommend having him do it.
What sponsors on this site sells the gas struts? Wife wants to buy me a set for Christmas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts