Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i was wondering how rare are seamless chassis is for a 57 2door ht . I want to get one for a future project. Are there any guys in Australia that want to sell one ? thanks Brad.

·
12,256 Posts
I wouldn't call them "rare", but they are a bit harder to find than 2-piece ones. I have bought several of them and I'm going to look at another one soon. They may be rare in Australia though!!! ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chevynut, how much do they go for, when you can find them in the states. Ballpark figure. I"m after an original one Thanks again Brad.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I've sold them for $300 but usually see them around $500. I wouldn't call them rare either. I didn't care when I built my car so I used the seamed frame that was originally under the car.
Josh

·
Registered
557 Posts
an older local guy claims that they was usually under convertibles more than h/t's and post. but said they did put them in the leiter to also. mine is a 57 ht and has a one piece so hellif i know

·
Administrator
49,953 Posts
They put them under whatever came down the line next from what i can tell. I have a 4dr sedan out back that has a 1 pc. frame under it. Frames will run from 250.-2,500.00. Just depends on who had it and how proud of it they are.
Terry

·
12,256 Posts
an older local guy claims that they was usually under convertibles more than h/t's and post. but said they did put them in the leiter to also.
None of the convertibles had seamless frames. They were all 2-piece frames with the large x-member in the middle. As far as I know all other models could have been built with seamless frames. I know I have used them with and without the extra HT mounts, and I have a 56 210 4-door sedan with a seamless frame.

As far as price, I have bought bare seamless frames for as low as $600 for three of them, or as high as $400 for a rolling chassis with front and rear suspensions. Most of my C4 conversions have been on seamless frames, but I have depleted the supply at two of my local wrecking yards :frown:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts