Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Darn it looks good, GRATS! For about a Nano second you had me envisioning my junk in color :)
Thanks, my friend! Sometimes I wish I'd been a bit more cautious about the choices I've made, but then some evil little inner voice says, "Do it, do it, do it."
That silver is stunning. I truly appreciate the effort you are putting into this car. Love seeing the progress. You have to be proud.
Thanks!! I'm very pleased with how it's all turning out. I have this sign on the wall that says, "Good, Fast, Cheap - Pick any two." It should actually say Pick One. It's been a good project, but it hasn't been fast or cheap. Hopefully when done, we can hit the road and have us some fun.

Spent the better part of Labor Day, well... laboring. The nasty looking ribs on the inner fenders have been replaced with flat sheet metal. After several layers of filler followed by elbow grease and sandpaper, they're now smooth enough to start spraying 2K primer. Once that's done, I'll mock up the core support, the original stock fenders and other front clip pieces to get a pattern for the filler panels. I'd like to get all that done before the car returns home. It looks like a dust bomb went off inside the place right now, so once the chassis is gone, I need to fire up the leaf blower and air it out. Can't believe the weather is supposed to be way cooler for the rest of the week. 90 today, but allegedly will be 50 in a couple of days.

IMG_4885.JPG IMG_4889.JPG

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Latest news is that the mighty Townsman is back home. Hot Rod Express delivered it yesterday and the ball is back in my court. They did a great job on the panel fitment, paint and modifying the firewall to clear the coil covers. They got it set back on the chassis after slightly relocating the battery cable I installed. I'm looking forward to the next few months wiring and plumbing it, installing the windows and trim, and getting all the sub-assemblies back where they belong.

IMG_4904.JPG IMG_4905.JPG IMG_4906.JPG IMG_4907.JPG IMG_4908.JPG IMG_4909.JPG IMG_4910.JPG

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
OMG , is she sweet . Love hearing a successful Body / Paint shop outcome these days . Happy she is home with you . Look forward to more of your workmanship

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Beautiful! AND that is paint shop service not often heard of these days! :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Man - If I can come up with an excuse to drive up to the city (maybe to drop of some more parts for chrome) I'd like to see that in person! Outstanding!
JR

241 - 246 of 246 Posts