Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 57 chevy 2 door hardtop. My title has it as a 150, the car does not have a vin tag and after doing some research I have heard someone say they did not make a hardtop in a 150 model. Does anyone know if this is correct? Thank you for your help:congrats:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
No VIN tag.......

What is the VIN on the title?

Is there a cowl tag?

Did your state issue titles based on engine numbers?

It's possible that your car has a state-issued VIN and it may not be in the factory location.

It's possible that the tag fell off.

It's possible that the title you have is unrelated to the car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was thinking there WERE hardtop 150s. One difference is no aluminum insert in the side trim. Its a painted area.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just googled a whole slew of 57 2 door HT 150s. Yeah, no side insert, and uses Chevrolet scripts in place of the Belair locations.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a cowl tag. All I get off it is that its either a 210 or belair. The title states its a 150, the model space on the title is blank!?:gba:

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
BKB56 you are describing the 210 HTs and those they did make.
Jim

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yeah I'd like to see a factory-built 150 hardtop. They don't exist.
Now a 210 hardtop they did build in both 2dr. and 4dr.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill get a pic of the cowl tag posted tonight when I get home. So the number on the frame under the driver seat will be the same as what the vin on the car is? Its accessible without having to remove the body?

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Ill get a pic of the cowl tag posted tonight when I get home. So the number on the frame under the driver seat will be the same as what the vin on the car is? Its accessible without having to remove the body?
Yes ...just not easy and thats if the frame is original to the body.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is it a Texas title? The VIN on the frame should be the same that is on the title unless the vehicle has a state issued VIN. If the number on the frame is not the same, and it hasn't been issued a VIN by the state then you do not have the title to the car you purchased!

If I were you, I would get the authenticity of the VIN and title verified prior to spending more money on the car

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
On the top of the frame just below the drivers seat.Some cleaning and a mirror probably nessessery.
a 2nd one to the rear of that one, about 4ft. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts