Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased a 66 dart. it has 52,000 orginial miles and is from san fransco calif. so far to the best of my knowledge i am the third owner. this is slated to be my daughters first car when she turns sixteen in a few years. she is excited and really wants to replace those factory 13" wheels and tires.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Dodge Dart, eh? Seems like the car a friend of mine got teased about in high school. Funny how things change with time.

Tell us more about it, what makes it special, etc.

Educate the ignorant (me) :)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Some of the Darts in the early '70s had a 340 six pack and were called "Demons". The ones that I remember were painted Bumblee yellow and had a black stripe around the rear quarters and across the trunk.
Plymouth also had a "Swinger" with much the same.
Anybuddy besides me remember them?????????

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
I had a 65 Dart ragtop in the early 70's. It had a 273? c.i. I think. Yelo with a black top, bucket seats/console. Traded a 62 VW beetle for it. Drove it for a few months and sold it for 700.00. Probably worth a bunch today.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
There was a girl back in '72 or '73 that had a 340 "sixpack"
we tied up at the local closed airstrip and I blew her doors off in the 1/4, but about 200 ft later she came by like I was tied (must have been the 4:56 rear I had)

·
Registered
33 Posts
My friend has a 74 with a 440 wedged in it.
No one can believe the amount of money he has poured in to it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Some of the Darts in the early '70s had a 340 six pack and were called "Demons". The ones that I remember were painted Bumblee yellow and had a black stripe around the rear quarters and across the trunk.
Plymouth also had a "Swinger" with much the same.
Anybuddy besides me remember them?????????
The 340 six pack( 3 -2 barrel carbs) was only offered in the Challenger TA and the AAR Cuda... The Demon(duster platform) was available with the wicked 340/275 that was capable of mid 13s bone stock. The swinger was a dart 2 door hardtop car that could be had with a 225,318,340,383(67-68 only) 440 in 69 but not too many were sold that way...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Oops!!!!!!!!!!

The 340 six pack( 3 -2 barrel carbs) was only offered in the Challenger TA and the AAR Cuda... The Demon(duster platform) was available with the wicked 340/275 that was capable of mid 13s bone stock. The swinger was a dart 2 door hardtop car that could be had with a 225,318,340,383(67-68 only) 440 in 69 but not too many were sold that way...
:eek: Okay, my mind must be running those models together. I'm mainly a Chevy man.
SORRY:eek: :confused: :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
:eek: Okay, my mind must be running those models together. I'm mainly a Chevy man.
SORRY:eek: :confused: :D
I would like to aplogize.. Your Info was pretty close.I didn't mean to step on any toes. I love my Chevys too. I used to be a hard-core mopar man before they sold out to the nazis:mad:.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am a die-hard Mopar fanatic, so I loved reading this thread, but my tri-five brings me just as much joy. I announced to my Mopar buddies at the Chrylers at Carlisle show last year that I just bought my '57 and they all asked "why?"... and some guy who overheard us, said "Because '57 Chevys are cool! Wish I had one!" and we both just laughed together at their ignorance. I love 'em all.... even certain F*rd products... If I had a '40 F*rd coupe my life would be complete. (Chevy powered of course)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts