Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

Thanks to all that found my Post in the New Member Forum. The welcome is appreciiated. Thanks.

Here is more information about where I am on the project. From the beginning I have made a relationship with a local rod shop to help me with this car. In short, areas I can not do, they will. Two reasons for this, 1) I want to take part in building the car, not just writing the checks, 2) the checks I must wright I want to be a small as possible. The rod shop seems fine with this but frankly, the support I hope to receive here will be used to keep them in line and make sure I am not following the wrong leader.

The plan has been for me to begin the basic body repair. This seems to be going just fine. Next, the shop wants the car back so they can use Z-Chrome on the entire car. They claim it is the perfect primer. It fills pits and sands well.

Is this a good choice? Also, if I continue to fill the smaller dents and pits with putty, is it not acceptable to continue with the putty? Is Z-Chrome simply a time saver or is it the best way to produce a good surface?

Another note: All the sanding I am doing will be by hand using various types of block sanders. All I am working with now is 35 and 80 grit. No grinders. Time is not an issue.I just want it to look as good as possible.

Thanks,

Don Copeland
Houston, TX

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
The Z-Chrome is a good high build primer/sealer. It will fill any rough sand scratches and pin holes. Z-Chrome is like a filler in sprayable form. It won't shrink like a laq. primer would. I would say all in all a good product.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts