Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Texas.Just joined,and look forward to many visits in the future!Thanks for this oppertunity.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome Ronb! My current "thing" is to ask "what brought you here?" It's always interesting to know why someone decided to join a tri-five site -- do you own one (or more than one?), do you want to own one, are you in the process of restoring one, etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

1957chevy said:
Welcome Ronb! My current "thing" is to ask "what brought you here?" It's always interesting to know why someone decided to join a tri-five site -- do you own one (or more than one?), do you want to own one, are you in the process of restoring one, etc?
Hi Mike,thanks for the welcome! #1 got a email about this site,and looked youall up.#2I'owned 1 57'2dr.ht many yrs.age and have not lost interest in 55-57's.#3At present a friend & I are restoring 67'-72 chevy swb pick-ups cus they are easier to locate,and are in our price range.We are both retired from the car business,and have messed w/trucks most of our lives.I have a 30'X50'x10' shop at my home where we do our playing 7 days a week.Please keep in touch w/us because we always need advice!

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Rob, I was into pickups for awhile. This is a 70 I chopped, lowered, shaved handles, closed the stake pockets in the bed, did the interior in emerald green velour, put a 350 in it with a Dun-tov 30-30 cam etc. etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn nice truck! You know I'm old cus I remember what a Dun-Tov 30-30 cam was.Thanks for the great pic,gotta go now.Talk to you later:D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Your shop sure beats the heck out of my narrow one car garage that I get to work in! I've been in the process of having a new house and garage designed and just haven't gotten around to building it. The new garage should be extra long and extra high for my tinkering, and then if I can afford it, I'm planning a "work" garage out in the back which should have plenty of room, not to mention all the amenities (tv, fridge, etc.) -- of course, that's just a dream at this point, but I need something to think about when I'm lying on my back under my 57 with tranny fluid dripping on my head! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.