Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, Im going to the US in a few weeks and on the shopping list is a new SS 2.5" exhaust for the 56. I already have 3/4 length headers in stainless steel and will run the side engine mounts. I will also be cutting to old trans horns off the frame. Who can has used kit form exhaust systems and how well do they fit? Obviously I need to get it right the first time as its a bit hard to do a return.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I bought the Pypes brand kit. The StreetPro mufflers that come with it mount just in front of the differential. I'll need to relocate the e-brake brackets because the mufflers hit the brackets. I think if you search this site you'll find a few posts on the kits available.

·
Registered
101 Posts
what size exhaust

is there any advantage to using 3in exhaust in sound or performance, I've seen these on some trifives and they look awful big. Exhaust is next for my 56 and I need to know what size to go with. Brad

·
Registered
355 Posts
is there any advantage to using 3in exhaust in sound or performance, I've seen these on some trifives and they look awful big. Exhaust is next for my 56 and I need to know what size to go with. Brad
3" exhaust will definitely be louder, unless you're running a high horse-powered big block 2.5" is plenty, plus it's good to have a little bit of restriction. 3" exhaust will cost you a lot more too, the piping is more expensive and usually so is the install.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
3" exhaust will definitely be louder, unless you're running a high horse-powered big block 2.5" is plenty, plus it's good to have a little bit of restriction. 3" exhaust will cost you a lot more too, the piping is more expensive and usually so is the install.
I run 2.5 on my 55 with a 396 and have bought 2.5 rams horns for 56. I think the Captian has summed it up.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey ozy
check out the flowmaster kit made for tri fives (header back)
just picked one up

joe
Thanks Joe, Did it fit up well? Does it go beside the transmission of under the old Trans mount frame horns ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.