Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking at installing a two point retractable seat belt system in my 57 Sedan. I do not want to go with the three point system but would like the retractable option.

I have reviewed some pictures of Tri-Fives with two point retractable belts installed and I have some question.
- How intrusive is the retractable mechanism on the side of the seat? Does it impact the ability of rear passengers to enter and exit the car?
- Any issues during the installation? or any recommendations on the installation?
- Any particular manufacturer that you do not or do recommend? My rear belts have a chrome latch and I plan to add a chrome latch system to the front seats.

Thank you in advance for your insight.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The mechanism does not hurt rear seat access. I just pulled a 2 pt. set out of my wagon and am replacing them with the 3 point kit from Juliano's. Is there a specific reason you don't want to go 3pt. ?
Look on Juliano's site, they have instructions for installation for either.
Mark

·
Registered
943 Posts
- How intrusive is the retractable mechanism on the side of the seat? Does it impact the ability of rear passengers to enter and exit the car?
Not intrusive at all. No hindrance to rear seat passengers.

- Any issues during the installation? or any recommendations on the installation?
Easy, drill hole, bolt through hole, fit washer/reinforcing plate on underneath, fit nut, tighten.

- Any particular manufacturer that you do not or do recommend? My rear belts have a chrome latch and I plan to add a chrome latch system to the front seats.
Sorry no, they were in the car when I purchased it. I added belts to the front center for my girlfriend a couple of years ago and just googled around until I found ones that matched the existing. Double check the length that you need. For memory they came in two lengths, both that seemed very long to me. But when you actually sit in the car and measure the length needed, the longer ones were the only ones that would be long enough.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts