Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
9,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. How much oil does the standard rear end of a 57 chevy hold, I am going to change oil and need to buy some oil to fill it, plus the posi trac additive.

2. The antenna has a little plastic nut that holds the antenna on, but the threads keep stripping and the antenna gets loose, do they make a threaded nut that is not plastic.

Thanks

otis

· Registered
2,418 Posts
I don't know of any other nut than the plastic one. Maybe if you put a thin layer of teflon tape on the threads of the antenna the nut might tighten up enough :confused0006: just a thought

· Registered
2,858 Posts
No alternative to the plastic antenna nut, but the teflon tape is a good idea. The nut is not available by itself, found that out last year.

The original antenna assembly includes a thin metal jam nut that really does the job of holding the mast base securely, it's hidden under the plastic bezel. Just FYI in case you didn't know that. If yours is missing you can find one at a well-stocked hardware store, or I'm sure I've got one lying around somewhere, be happy to mail it to you if you need it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.