Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 210 2 dr post that I am installing a 1962 Corvette 327 with what I believe to be a 1961 2 x 4 barrel carbs. It appears to be OEM set up? But since I am a rookie, I don’t know. There is a choke set up on the rear carb only. The linkage is set up to be progressive with rear carb only till 1/2 throttle then front carb starts coming in. It seems to me that in daily driving the front of the engine would run lean? Do I need to change linkage to open both the same amount at low and high speed?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Valve

·
Registered
37,604 Posts
The front two throttle passages of the rear carb are the closest to the center of the engine, so they are the ones with the best chance of decent fuel distribution at low speed with that setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front two throttle passages of the rear carb are the closest to the center of the engine, so they are the ones with the best chance of decent fuel distribution at low speed with that setup.
Sir, thank you for the reply. So I should be ok running the engine as is?
?

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,599 Posts
Thousands of them did and have. The progressive linkage is to allow the small valves to utilize the gas provided at lower RPM. As the RPM's increase so must the fuel delivered by the 2nd or front carb.
No choke is needed on the front carb because it does not function at start up. At WOT both carbs are fully open and you are getting 8 barrels flowing into 8 cylinders.

Note that these carbs are about 450 cfm each.

Mikey

Reactions: sidewayzz

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
…and since it’s a dual plane intake, all 8 cylinders will be fed from all 8 venturis, so just running on 2 of the venturis won’t starve any of the cylinders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts