Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody shed light on why the 2014 calendar seems to be a re-run of 2013 ? Surely we can find 13 different Trifive cars that would encourage us to shell out $16.+ for a 2014 calendar . Anybody ?? Be safe...Bob

·
Registered
67,683 Posts
:confused0024: I don't think the 2014 one is out yet.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I get enough free calendars that I'm not going to buy one unless it's one that I make with family photos.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,676 Posts
Some year I'd like to see some cars "under construction" in the calendar....Garage shots, family shots....Not everyone has a pristine car that is on the road...Tastefully done....I believe they would be a nice addition.....Sometimes I'd rather see something like the photo below....And the avatar in the above post....But, that's just me.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X2 David

Me too , David . The high end cars are gorgeous , but the drivers are too . I was concerned when I went to the "calendar" section and it showed the 2014 preview as all 2013 cars , even the same cars in the same month . Like you said , maybe just not out yet . It would be nice to see Roger1's car and garage in the 2014 calendar . I'm not sure about publishing family and kid's pictures though . Too easy for the dirtbags to access this site , and once you see what they do to kids' images , you'd never post another picture of them . Maybe I'm just too protective of my children and grandchildren ; I'd be happy with just the cars and garage projects . One of my favourite images was of IronMike's garage with his old dog sleeping by the woodstove . IronMike , RIP. Be safe...Bob.

·
51,676 Posts
I hear ya Bob....Hadn't thought about that with the kids....Maybe more like below:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Well the calendar is about Tri five CARS. Does not say what shape that they are in does it?AND if a child is in the photo why not? Just a thought maybe. Mike

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
If anyone submits a Tri-Five calender photo of their car
with themselves and/or family members and friends in it
speaks for itself that they're okay with the possibility of
the said photo being a possible candidate for the Tri-Five
Calender.It's everyone's choice.I certainly don't see anything
wrong with that.

Everyone with camera phones these days can take anyone's
photo practically anywhere without their knowledge of being
photographed,let alone their permission.

I was reluctant about submitting photos of my Delivery for
the calender,because it's an old restoration.In one of the photos
my dog and myself are sitting in it,and the other ones were taken
of it at night.Even though it's highly unlikely,I'd be honored to
be in the bowtie-trifive Calender.

David's idea of Tri-Fives under restoration is also a good one.

:bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb:

Doug

·
Registered
887 Posts
Everyone with camera phones these days can take anyone's photo practically anywhere without their knowledge of being photographed,let alone their permission.
The BIG difference is the calendar is a commercial production that is sold and the producer SHOULD protect themselves with a signed consent form, especially if anyone under 18 is in the photo.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
I have not seen a new calendar for this year or even a request for photos.

Each year I go to Vistaprint and make my own of my car for only $7.00 each with a coupon.
Here is January picture with my car and by Brother In Laws truck

Just ordered next years last week and its on its way to me now. I also made one of friends cars and them at car activities, ordered a bunch for a Christmas presents:tu

·
51,676 Posts

·
Registered
13,421 Posts

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Where do you get the coupon Randy?
David I just went looking for the one they sent me in an email, can't find it. But it looks like they are offering the calendars for $7.99 plus shipping here. I also believe you can add holidays and birthdays to it, I rushed this year and forgot to modify it:motz:

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,383 Posts
Can anybody shed light on why the 2014 calendar seems to be a re-run of 2013 ? Surely we can find 13 different Trifive cars that would encourage us to shell out $16.+ for a 2014 calendar . Anybody ?? Be safe...Bob
That is last years Calendar. I am still creating the new calendar, and as every year, I will announce it's release. For some odd reason, Café Press had not allowed the removal of the old calendar. I'll contact them as it's apparently causing confusuion.

I get enough free calendars that I'm not going to buy one unless it's one that I make with family photos.
So do I, but I've never received a free calendar that displayed forum members cars, created by a digital artist who spent hours on each photo, adjusting lighting, shadows, filling out background missing from pictures cropped too tightly, clearing distracting objects from background and reflections. cleaning noise caused by image compression.
I do create these calendars for the forum members, it's a place they can proudly display their Chevys. The $1 I receive on each copy sold hardly compensates for the time I put in.
It's fine that you don't need or want the club calendar, but I don't feel you comment was called for.

Some year I'd like to see some cars "under construction" in the calendar....Garage shots, family shots....Not everyone has a pristine car that is on the road...Tastefully done....I believe they would be a nice addition.....Sometimes I'd rather see something like the photo below....And the avatar in the above post....But, that's just me.
I have had requests to change formats before.
I love shots of cars under construction as well. I've also had requests for "more creative" shots. I don't take these pictures, and try my best to make them cohesive, following the same theme. Up till now, it's been beautiful, complete Trifives.
I hope to make these calendars as professional and polishes as possible.
If I'm to look at a picture for an entire month, I prefer a nice shot of a complete Trifive rather a progress picture. Including people makes the pictures look more like personal snap shots, not a high-end calendar.
It's possible I'm alone with this.

I was reluctant about submitting photos of my Delivery for
the calender, because it's an old restoration.

Doug
It's surprising how nice some shots of less than perfect cars turn out.
If the problem area is obvious, I will contact the cars owner and ask if they would like me to clean it up. Usually they say yes and I tuck up that hanging exhaust pipe, clear the water stains off the paint and even remove dents or rust.
usually, no editing of this nature is required.

The BIG difference is the calendar is a commercial production that is sold and the producer SHOULD protect themselves with a signed consent form, especially if anyone under 18 is in the photo.
I will assume consent when image is uploaded to the folder title "Calendar Contest". Thus far, I have never published an image of a person in a calendar, but do keep in mind folks, that anyone can purchase these calendars through Café Press (though at their mush higher price), do don't submit anything you are uncomfortable sharing.

I have not seen a new calendar for this year or even a request for photos.
Each year I go to Vistaprint and make my own of my car for only $7.00 each with a coupon.
I have posted a couple of reminders, and answered questions from members, sorry you missed it.
That's is a very good price from Vista print. I wonder how the quality, packaging and shipping compares to Café Press. Café Press has done an outstanding job in those areas, but the price is double what you pay with the coupon. I'll investigate Vista print to see if it may be a better alternative.

Finally I'm sorry if I'm not creating the calendar you guys want.
It does take several weeks because I'm trying to put out a quality product. Sales were pretty dismal last year. I think it's a combination of calendars being passé now, the price and perhaps the calendars themselves.
This will probably be the last Trifive calendar I publish, I have about ten more days of work yet and will notify you all when and where it's available.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Phil : My calendar concern was NOT about the quality ; you fab a beautiful Trifive calendar . It was when I went to preview the 2014 calendar cars on the calendar sub-menu , it showed the 2014 calendar pages with the 2013 cars on it , every month the same as 2013 . Website glitch , no more . Your calendars are the BEST , and we all appreciate the time and energy you spend on them . Thanks again . Be safe...Bob.

·
Administrator
66,076 Posts
Phil : My calendar concern was NOT about the quality ; you fab a beautiful Trifive calendar . It was when I went to preview the 2014 calendar cars on the calendar sub-menu , it showed the 2014 calendar pages with the 2013 cars on it , every month the same as 2013 . Website glitch , no more . Your calendars are the BEST , and we all appreciate the time and energy you spend on them . Thanks again . Be safe...Bob.
Have to agree, Phil does an excellent job :tu

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Phil, I DO appreciate your annual calendar efforts and purchase several each year for gifts. I don't blame you for considering making the 2014 bowtie-trifive calendar the last one. I would hate to see it end, but it seems too many members do not appreciate the product these days.

Thank you for what you do, Phil!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts