Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in initial order for 2021 corvette with a price of $61,385. 1LT with premium paint color and orange seat belts. Production stars in Jan. Will sell my 55
2021 order.PNG

Attachments

·
Registered
67,066 Posts
very cool , sounds like a good price too. thought they were more.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The popular model is the 2LT and from what I can tell most folks are paying around 85K, and that is well optioned. When you move away from the 1LT prices really jump, yet all 3 models look the same on the outside.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just another monochromatic, aeroslick, hi-tech, cookie cutter look alike, with NO magic.
The 55-57 Chevy icon has a magic that will be forever. In 3-10-20-50yrs, the new Vettes will be minimally desirable.
Where can you get a mid engine super car for that price. Tri fives are no longer popular with the young folks. Market is so soft for all classics.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,807 Posts
Where can you get a mid engine super car for that price. Tri fives are no longer popular with the young folks. Market is so soft for all classics.
Not to mention a vette that is 500hp stock that will run almost 200mph. Some people like to go fast not just sit at a show doing nothing. lol

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I say, if the 2021 Vette is going to make you happy. Then you have made the right decision. But I would start playing the lottery, then maybe you can keep the 55’.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really like the new corvette. I have 2 friends that have 2020s and they're very happy with them. I bet you will be also. Congratulations.

·
Registered
630 Posts
You'll be sorry when the 55 is gone. Speaking from experience. Corvettes are nice but everyone has one. How many 55's do you see out there.?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am 81 years old and that heavy duty clutch is a killer in the 55 . The Corvettes are paddle shifter cars. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. My first new car was a 62 corvette my last will be a 2021. LOL

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Just another monochromatic, aeroslick, hi-tech, cookie cutter look alike, with NO magic.
The 55-57 Chevy icon has a magic that will be forever. In 3-10-20-50yrs, the new Vettes will be minimally desirable.

Edited by admin— I too have a 2021 on order. I will be keeping my '57 coupe but will also enjoy the new Vette. Nothing will be like my lifelong obsession with my '57 but then again it's nothing like the new mid-engine Vette either. Maybe some people see it as a financial status symbol. I don't. Most people my age can afford a $60K car after a lifetime of working. Even a middle class high school graduate. You've done the same thing Tom. It's a high car payment for me for a few years, then will be sold. I just want to experience all that swoopy, high tech 500hp for awhile, not replace my '57. I drove one at our local race track yesterday, it's an amazing machine. I say anyone considering it, go for it! Life is short!

Gary

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Yup, younger gen wants 80s and 90s jeep type cars and trucks, or Supras etc. Tri Fives are seen as too much work and too expensive.

I know this bc the individuals at my University are younger (I'm the old guy in the car club there).

As far as the new Vette...glad they did it, I'd buy one if I could.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I too have a 2021 on order. I will be keeping my '57 coupe but will also enjoy the new Vette. Nothing will be like my lifelong obsession with my '57 but then again it's nothing like the new mid-engine Vette either. Maybe some people see it as a financial status symbol. I don't. Most people my age can afford a $60K car after a lifetime of working. Even a middle class high school graduate. You've done the same thing Tom. It's a high car payment for me for a few years, then will be sold. I just want to experience all that swoopy, high tech 500hp for awhile, not replace my '57. I drove one at our local race track yesterday, it's an amazing machine. I say anyone considering it, go for it! Life is short!

Gary
Buy it, drive the hell out of it!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Put in initial order for 2021 corvette with a price of $61,385. 1LT with premium paint color and orange seat belts. Production stars in Jan. Will sell my 55 View attachment 326442
Just yesterday I saw a c8 for the first time, it was orange. I was mesmerized! I'm an old car guy, I've had several vettes I have a 57 currently. But the C8 really impressed me. Maybe someday. I hope you enjoy your new one.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts