Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,808 Posts
Nice. Yes, I see them at dealers now advertised around $88-$98k but this talk of $60k well I'll believe that when I see it.
The $60k is the BASE C8 with no options litterly no one orders that, I think I have seen one at a local dealer one at that price and again was sold. By the time you add the Z51 package and personalize options and accessory group price goes up. Most that have went through dealer here are 2LT and $75-85k. For what they are its a pretty good price. When 1/2 ton trucks are $60k alone and HD trucks in the $80's and SUV near $100K its a deal on a mid engine car.

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Nice. Yes, I see them at dealers now advertised around $88-$98k but this talk of $60k well I'll believe that when I see it.
The price range you listed is for a LT2 and that is the most popular car . I ordered an LT1 which is identical on the outside but not an many features. You can actually build a corvette on the internet and that will give you the actual price. There are a few dealers who are selling over MSRP but not many. The LT2 is about 6K over the LT1.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Put order in today and the out the door price with destination charge and tax is $67,818.80. LTI with premium paint, tape stripe and carbon flash wheels. Most likely will be a 2022 model

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
Put order in today and the out the door price with destination charge and tax is $67,818.80. LTI with premium paint, tape stripe and carbon flash wheels. Most likely will be a 2022 model
That appears to be a very good price. You get a lot of car for that money in comparison to some European makes. I always thought the Corvette was a bargain when compared to others in it's class. I read an article a few years ago where the Corvette was compared against many other 2 seater equivalent European models, and maybe it didn't finish first in several categories, you got a lot of bang for the buck when the others were priced sometimes twice as much, then some. Best wishes with your purchase, Carmine.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
GENERAL MOTORS STOPPED ACCEPTING DEALER ORDERS TODAY FOR CORVETTS. SO IF YOUR ORDER HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTED BY GM YOU ARE SCREWED AND WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR GM TO START ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR 2022 MODEL

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
There are many dealers here (So Calif) with 1 or 2 on the lot now, everyone one of them has a mark up over sticker. The best I found was just $25000 mark up. This tells me that while they might take your order, yet they get some in stock they're not letting you have it at sticker quite yet. Eventually they might let some go for less but not until they feel the market has bottomed
If you want to have one pay $100,000 or keep waiting for empty promises

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Remember when 78 Pace cars were hot and sold for big $$$$, even PT Crapers had their day.
True, however this new Corvette is the real deal. It's just going to be a long time before one gets one for sticker

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
There are many dealers here (So Calif) with 1 or 2 on the lot now, everyone one of them has a mark up over sticker. The best I found was just $25000 mark up. This tells me that while they might take your order, yet they get some in stock they're not letting you have it at sticker quite yet. Eventually they might let some go for less but not until they feel the market has bottomed
If you want to have one pay $100,000 or keep waiting for empty promises
This is the same thing that happened with the 2010 Camaro. Guys were paying $60K for those things new just to be the first to have one and then they dropped like a rock. I doubt this will be quite as dramatic, but guys paying $100K for a new vette will probably lose $50K in value in about 3 years' time. Not a wise choice unless you just have money to burn.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
One of the cars I saw was the color I would like, so lets say I go to the dealer and order the exact same car, then tell them "well you have it already sitting here, I'll take that one" They would dream up some BS answers and fall on the floor laughing when I left. Probably blame it on Covid.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
General Motors stopped taking dealer orders today. If your order has not been accepted by GM your screwed and will need to wait for a 2022

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
General Motors stopped taking dealer orders today. If your order has not been accepted by GM your screwed and will need to wait for a 2022

Yes, you said that already. Fortunately I'm not interested in one although it's a tempting car just way out of my price range

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
GM stopped taking dealer orders for the 2021 Corvette, but you can still put in an order for a 2022. Which is likely what you'd get if you ordered a 2021 in the last couple months anyway.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I ORDERED LAST JULY AND CANNOT GET ANY ESTIMATE ONWHEN I MIGHT GET THE CAR. I AM THINKING IT COULD BE DECEMBER 2021. DONT HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT WILL BE 82 THEN LOL. I PURCHASED FROM LESS STANFORD AND HE GETS A BIG ALLOTMENT. WILL JUST KEEP DRIVING THE 55
Topdog, My Vette is 8-12 weeks out from being built, barring no more shut downs/parts shortages, got an allocation last month, now status 3000. 1st deposit with Kerbeck was 1st week of November, 2020 . Hopefully your Corvette order is moving along.

Reactions: twin engines
61 - 80 of 104 Posts