Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have built a few V8 SBC engines. I have a 235 in my 56 truck and I am going to have the truck painted soon. I have not been very successful in locating a decent selection of parts. Im trying to stay away from chrome but would like a classy valve cover if I can find one. It also seems that there are not any repro oil pans either. Does anyone recommend anyone out there??? Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
174 Posts
OK so I have built a few V8 SBC engines. I have a 235 in my 56 truck and I am going to have the truck painted soon. I have not been very successful in locating a decent selection of parts. Im trying to stay away from chrome but would like a classy valve cover if I can find one. It also seems that there are not any repro oil pans either. Does anyone recommend anyone out there??? Thanks.

Chris
LMC has a real nice set of Cast Aluminum "old school" "Camel Hump" valve covers that I like so much I put em on my '57. They have black painted & chrome oil pans for the same price, but the chrome oil pan comes with the plug.

Barry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,707 Posts
Offy still makes a very good quality valve cover. Patricks has the Fenton, and every once in a while a new style tatters field or thicksun, I can't remember which one, turns up on the Internet but big dollars. Patrick has a Fenton side cover. Offy never made a side cover themselves. 12 port Charlie baker, now deceased, I think made the first untill offy sent him a cease and desist letter. Tom Langdon made them also, with offy approval, now someone else makes them, like 200 for the side plate. You need a spacer in between the valve cover and the water thermostate to make life easier. Oil pans are tough, no new ones around that i know of so you have to clean, and fix dents and rust holes. Lots of intakes, offy and Fenton are still being made, probably others that I am not aware of. Weiand, edlebrock, mcgurk, cyclone, nicson, thicksun, tatters field, and a few others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts