Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I purchased a 1959 235 engine from a car to go into my 55 second series truck. I noticed a few things that are different, first is the belt, they both seem to be the same size in width , which is 3/8 I believe , but on my trucks old engine the belt seems to fit deeper into the pulley. The 59 car engine belt sits flush on the pulley, also the generator is a bit longer on the 59 engine than my original truck generator. If the generator bracket does not mount correctly with my front motor mounts and I have to use my original generator and bracket will that be okay with the front pulley not being the same since it fits different on my original truck motor? Sorry if this sounds confusing. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,707 Posts
Which pulley are you describing, the water pump or balancer? Frankly, if the 59 motor is a running unit, put it in as is. The longer generator, without having the numbers is probably a bigger amp generator. Use it if it's good. If the tagbis still on it, post the tag number, i can probably identify it. If its not good, you will have to swap the shorter lower generator bracket to the 59 motor to use the earlier and smaller 55 generator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts