Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Very Proud of his stuff

This guy wants $400 for this stuff. He needs to do some research on this. If he did he would see he wants double what the same stuff has been selling for.

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not true. The average price on these pieces goes anywhere frome the 400.00 he wants to as high as 950.00. I have been watching these pieces for a long time. These are the cheapest ones i`ve seen on here in a long time.
Terry

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
not bad

I checked on 2 of my favorite parts sites and neither of them had the complete 12 piece set:confused: looks like if you find them it will be used and priced kinda steep:eek: anyway if somebody needs these they might want to bid.

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2dr sedan PaPaMike. And no these pieces aren`t peproduced. This is the lowest price i`ve seen them for on e-bay in over 2 years. Thats why i bought a spare set at a swap meet about 2 years ago. I kinda felt like i was stealing them from the guy selling them but i paid his price.
Terry

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
It ended with 0 bids and looked like a bargain to me...

I just need the thin beltline trim from the windshield back to the rear roof pillar.
I have the ones that go under the quarter windows for a 210 but not the ones for the doors, next time you take a roadtrip I'll throw them in your truck...

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave if it`s for a 210 model those pieces can be found fairly reasonable. I see them on e-bay quiet regular, i`ll keep an eye out for you, you need all 4 pieces?
Terry

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
D.S. thats what i thought about them. If i needed them i would have bid on them but i have an extra set already so i just saved my $$$$.
Terry

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
$600-$800 is the common price for a 12 piece set.. these we are speaking of are for the 55-57 BelAir 2 door sedan.. I polished mine using an old refrigerator motor mounted to my work bench. I got the buffing rouge, collar, and two different cloth wheels at Ace Hardware for about $40. If you are VERY careful it's just not that hard to do.

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
55mike you are correct on the buffing the stainless yourself. Slow and patient is definitly the key to getting a good outcome. I even bought me a buffing motor to do mine with and it wasn`t that expensive from Sears.
Terry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts