Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 speed synchro transmission (Saginaw) to replace the non-synchro, stock 3 speed in my '55 210. The shifter is still on the column. Does anyone make a set of shift linkages to make this swap easier? I could fabricate some if need be but thought I'd see if a "kit" exists first. In case your wondering, I do have the yoke to fit into the new transmission. Just need to swap it in on the drive shaft. The length is very close so no cutting or extending needed for the driveshaft. Thank you.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have a 3 speed synchro transmission (Saginaw) to replace the non-synchro, stock 3 speed in my '55 210. The shifter is still on the column. Does anyone make a set of shift linkages to make this swap easier? I could fabricate some if need be but thought I'd see if a "kit" exists first. In case your wondering, I do have the yoke to fit into the new transmission. Just need to swap it in on the drive shaft. The length is very close so no cutting or extending needed for the driveshaft. Thank you.
Hello I have the same trans.i my 56,i just added length to the levers on the trans.did not add to the rods.you can add length to the rods if you prefer.if you have a welder.I don't think there is a kit,JMO RICH :gba:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next step in tranny swap

Now that I have the saginaw 3 speed in my 55 I need to find a speedo gear carrier and a speedo gear that fits it. The one from the stock 3 speed sure doesn't; its too long. Having a hard time finding a new carrier and gear. Does anyone have a part number that I can go searching for? I think the speedometer cable may come up a little short also so may need to buy a new one. Any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
speed o gears ect.

Now that I have the saginaw 3 speed in my 55 I need to find a speedo gear carrier and a speedo gear that fits it. The one from the stock 3 speed sure doesn't; its too long. Having a hard time finding a new carrier and gear. Does anyone have a part number that I can go searching for? I think the speedometer cable may come up a little short also so may need to buy a new one. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Call Larry Fischer at D&L Trans in the eve at 631 351 4837
he is one of the good guys

Garys Gearbox aka The Muncieman

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
I have the same tranny (Overdrive version) behind my turbo 235 six project. As far as I know, no one makes a rod extension kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.