Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just wondering if anybody out there has ever used the 305h comp cam 525/525 lift 305_Dur camshaft???? if so did they get the job done? /rev/sound/ produce good hp with all the matched parts of course...

I have used the 292h comp 501 lift before in a flat top 355 with 1.6 rockers and a good set of camel humps and that was a very strong engine that would rev 6500rpm with no trouble at all........... also in the same block i have used the lunati bracket master 515/515 lift camshaft and it also did a great job!!!!
Im just thinking about trying something different and going with the 305h 525 lift comp in my 406sbc........
SO anyone out there using the 305h? let me know!!! thanks everyone:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
cam info

tiresmoke55 said:
Hello

Just wondering if anybody out there has ever used the 305h comp cam 525/525 lift 305_Dur camshaft???? if so did they get the job done? /rev/sound/ produce good hp with all the matched parts of course...

I have used the 292h comp 501 lift before in a flat top 355 with 1.6 rockers and a good set of camel humps and that was a very strong engine that would rev 6500rpm with no trouble at all........... also in the same block i have used the lunati bracket master 515/515 lift camshaft and it also did a great job!!!!
Im just thinking about trying something different and going with the 305h 525 lift comp in my 406sbc........
SO anyone out there using the 305h? let me know!!! thanks everyone:D
A good freind of mine runs this camshaft in his 406. his combo- 5.7 rods, f.t. trw pistons, fully ported set of bowtie iron heads,2.055int. 1.600ext, ported victor jr.2975, 1.5 rockers, 850 d.p. holley, 13/4 headers, t-350 trans,410 gear, he runs this in his 67 firebird, STREET CAR! no fiber glass or gutting of any kind, he has run a best of 11:[email protected] Mind you he has played with this combo for a few years. I think it is pretty impressive. Scott Lavin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot for the repley........... ever one down here where i live is like me the use the 292h or the 515 bracket master or just go roller or solid in there street cars ........ i like the hyd cam's myself thats way i was thinking about the 525 lift 305h in my 406......... only thing stopping me is I'm using stock rods and pop up piston's and don't know if it would be matched right for my motor just yet......'some time bigger isn't better u know lol'......

I'm might stick the 525/525 in my car and see what happens, or just a 515 with 1.6 ratio rockers.........

thanks again on the feedback, i haven't heard anything good or bad about the cam.... kinda wanna know the way it sounds :D cant beat the pound of the bracket master.............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts