Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning as I was going around the house resetting all of my clocks due to daylight savings time, I ran into a clock that I had all but forgotten about... My 3Musketeers 57 Chevy desk clock... My background is in the wholesale candy and tobacco field... Up until about 1988 3Musketeer candy bars had a white paper wrapper... In 1988 they changed it to a silver foil wrapper... They had a big promotion throught the country and used the ongoing popularity of the 57 Chevy as a tie-in in their ads... If I'm not mistaken they even gave away a restored 57 Chevy convertable to some lucky stiff... My boss at the time received this 57 Chevy, 3musketeers clock from Mars Candy Company the makers the candy bar... Clyde (my then boss) Proudly had it displayed on his large oak desk... The clock itself is about a foot wide and stands maybe 7 or 8 inches tall and has a flat base... It is made of wood and resembles a billboard with an image of the new silver foil 3Musketeers wrapper and below it a red 57 Chevy vert top down with a Father and Mother in the front seat and an ugly kid wearing glasses sitting in the back seat holding on to his hat so that it doesn't blow off of his head... Clyde was a good guy and knew I loved those old Chevies and let me have the clock... It still runs if you keep a good AA battery in it... These clocks weren't available to the general public and I was wondering if any of you other guys have one... I would like to put up a picture of it but my Webtv doesn't seem to have what it takes to attach a photo to a thread or posting... Later, Dave

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can take a picture of it with my camera phone email it to myself then forward it to one of you and maybe you could put up the picture... Later, Dave

·
Registered
837 Posts
I remember the commercials. Teenage kids riding around in a matador red '57 convertible named "Marilyn". For some reason, that named car has always stuck with me. :rolleyes: It's my favorite car, with quite possibly the coolest name for it. :DI also would appreciate a pic of the clock. Jason

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Pete for putting it up there... The day for me to break down and buy a REAL computer (confuser) is getting closer:) Later, Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.