Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
I have not seen these styles in a trifive before. My main concern would be that they may be too high and stick up higher than what is normally done. The second issue might be that they are too narrow to look good in that car. I would get a width measurement from them and one from the old Impala style folks have been using.

Randy

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
I agree, some seats look too narrow in a tri-5 without a console. JMO. That's a pretty wide console.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point on the width. I've read alot of threads and still can't decide on a good bucket for the 55...I kinda like the Lexus seats, but think the width might be an issue there as well.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I think one of the most popular bucket seats for the tri-fives are those from the early 60's Impala SS, Gto's, Corvair's and Buick. They are all very similar in size with a low back and most of these have the Chrome trim band around the seat backs. I had 2 sets of these but just sold one set and am planning on using the other set complete with the 1963 Super Sport console. Check e-bay as they come up once in a while. I looked for two years for mine! If you choose to go this route be sure to buy a set that is complete with the trim and the tracks as these are hard to find and are costly to buy separately. BTW I bought and sold a complete set for what the guy is asking for the Camaro seats.

Don

·
Registered
63 Posts
Those are actually 4th Gen seats someone installed in a 3rd Gen..Its a popular conversion many people do...The leather is known to not wear well if not taken care of properly but other than that they are a nice seat.

·
Registered
943 Posts
imo i woudnt put high back/head reast in a tri five but i was at a car show the other day and saw a 57 with chrysler 300 seats/ all power that looked awsome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts