Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an odd one I suppose but would anyone happen have the triangle shaped plate/bracket/insert thingy at the bottom of the pass side B pillar on a 57 four door sedan They might consider selling. It needs to be pretty solid. The one on my sons car just fell apart into a pile of rust when we tried to remove it. Driver side is fine but for whatever reason the pass side was a mess rust wise. This piece goes right at the bottom between the doors.

·
Premium Member
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bruce, I did not know that. Terry, it is actually welded in part to the rocker and in part to the B pillar. I was able to get the driver's side out intact but the pass side was a different story, really just a thin layer of rust on top of some air, lol. Crumbled as I started to mess with it.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
9,435 Posts
I tried, but all I found was this one for the driver side.

Uncle Mikey

Reactions: Dragsix

·
Administrator
48,910 Posts
Thanks Bruce, I did not know that. Terry, it is actually welded in part to the rocker and in part to the B pillar. I was able to get the driver's side out intact but the pass side was a different story, really just a thin layer of rust on top of some air, lol. Crumbled as I started to mess with it.
OK. I will look at the one i have out back as soon as i can for you.
Terry

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Try Pete Sawatsky at Route 66 Restoration 918-968-2366 Monday through Friday 9-5. Tell him Dave from Canada sent you.

·
Premium Member
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh boy. This is looking like a bit of a challenge. Thanks for looking everyone.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I may have one but the top has been cut

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Mike, based on Terry 56's photo, it doesn't look like much if any has been cut off. A little JB weld could do some filling in if needed. Here is another shot from Gary Bullman's car., I'd take some photos of mine, but because it is Black detail won't show up as well. I took the 55 out for a little drive today,
P1260027.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,528 Posts
This is an odd one I suppose but would anyone happen have the triangle shaped plate/bracket/insert thingy at the bottom of the pass side B pillar on a 57 four door sedan They might consider selling. It needs to be pretty solid. The one on my sons car just fell apart into a pile of rust when we tried to remove it. Driver side is fine but for whatever reason the pass side was a mess rust wise. This piece goes right at the bottom between the doors.
View attachment 331894
Two days late I had a nos set I just sold on fb

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
9,435 Posts
Mike, You can stop hunting, I have what you need. Give me a few days and I will send it to you. I have your address

Uncle Mikey

1 - 20 of 20 Posts