Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I move forward with the installation of the interior of my 4 door 55, I have a question about the installation order of the windlace.
Looking at the Fisher manual
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/fisher/1955A/55ftim450.html
I'm a little confused about the installation order.
I used the manual when reupholstering my seats and noted that the application order 1 - 10 was really the way to go.

Looking at the Application order here, Fisher starts at the front and moves to the center then to the back. Thinking that the installation of the windlace in the retainer channel could be challenging and may need to be "relocated" so the center is at the center of the pillar, I was considering starting at the center pillar and going towards the front and back respectively.

Are there any thoughts and advantages/disadvantages of one over the other.
Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Channel first

Bill,
You definitely want to put the wind lace in the kick panel retainer channel first. It's easier to do when removed from the car and on the work bench. Make sure there's some extra to fit under the wire cover/sill plates too. I had mine primed first so I didn't booger up the paint then taped off the wind lace and shot them with my airbrush. After they were assembled and painted THEN I screwed them back in. Give me a shout today if you get a chance. PMd my cell#.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts