Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of the 4 link rears easier to install with body on frame?
What's the better of the kits ? I'm leaning toward triangular rear, I like the AME kit it seems a bit beefer.
I'm having the car tubbed as well at the same time what's the absolute widest rim guys are running ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
G'Day Ozhardtop,
I fitted the AME triangulated 4link with sway bar,it has a bit of fabrication work tofit but it is a very good product,I fitted with the body off,but i reckon you could do it with the body on,might just be hard to weld along the top of the upper arm brackets that weld to the frame,my diff is 54inches wide i will be using 20x10.5 rims with a 315 width tire and a 4.5inch backspace.
You will probably be able to fit a wider tire and rim just depends on width of diff and offset of rim,get those perfect will help.
Nathan:beer:

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Body on would be a bolt in kit from our sponsor, RideTech. AME is a GREAT unit but really needs the body off for installation. With the proper rear housing width and back space on wheels, 335 is as wide as ya go and that's a tight fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.