Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

Doing some searching on the net for disk brake kits, who's got the best deal on wiring harnesses, etc. I keep running across Matt's Classic Bowties for a 4 wheel power disk brake kit for less than $800. Throw in a new line set and you're still under $1K for all new everything all around. Seems pretty good to me. Anyone use their kit? Pros, cons? I did buy a front suspension rebuild kit for my 69 Charger from them and was pleased, but there were a few "logistical" issues in the shipping that eventually got worked out. I don't want 19" rotors crossed drilled, slotted, invisible, plutonium cryogenically coated rotors or anything crazy. Just a standard disk brake kit is fine. Thoughts?:confused0006:

Cheers :anim_32:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
A friend of mine used a front and rear brake kit from Speedway about $600 for both kits + lines, balancer, and misc. on his '56 210 wagon, it wasn't bolt-on for the rear he had to weld on the brackets, stock rearend. He said the parts are good quality, not Wilwood or Baer yet quite serviceable. I've driven the car and it stops and brakes quite well. He also used Speedways front end rebuild kit...his wagon is a low dollar budget build for his wife.

AAW seems like the wiring harness of choice most tri-fivers use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Dave,

Wilwood has a 4-wheel disc brake kit that bolts on the stock spindle and stock rear end flange. It can also be used with Tr-5 14" steel wheels that are reproduced for disk brakes and sold by outlets like Danchuk. This kit will probably cost around $1400.00, depending on the deal you can make with one of our dealers. This price is higher than many of the kits that are out there, but here is what you get for your money: New aluminum hubs with rollar bearings; state of the art 4-piston aluminum fixed calipers with stainless steel pistons and an internal drum parking brake (this is the only 11" disc brake kit that does so). This made in America kit removes several pounds of unsprung weight from your suspension, which improves ride and handling and most importantly, it comes with Wilwood's legendary quality.
Good luck with what ever choice you make. Ken H

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I must say Wilwood has awesome brake kits. I used them all around on both my Cobra replicas...pricey though, yet great quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts