Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this engine to use in my '55 Two-Ten build, but I have decided to go a different direction. When I bought it I was told that it was a "fresh rebuild", but we all know that means different things to different people. So I pulled the heads and pan to see what I had. Here is what I found: 1965 Chevy 409 engine. Freshly machined and assembled. Never been ran. Block is bored 030 over (4.3425" bore, 412 cubic inch). Chevy "0819" steel crank is -.010/-.010. Reconditioned rods and heads. New bearings throughout. Freeze plugs installed. Machine work was performed and engine was assembled a while ago and pushed into the corner. All this engine needs is to be disassembled, cleaned (as the assembly lube has stiffened up) and reassembled. A weekend of work and it would be ready to go. Nice crosshatch in cylinders. Includes block with rotating assembly, completely assembled heads, rockers, hydraulic cam and lifters, push rods, double roller timing set, oil pump, intake manifold, thermostat housing and thermostat, exhaust manifolds, water pump, balancer, pulleys, fan, oil pan, canister oil filter, valve covers, and crank case breather. All original GM parts (except for wear items like bearings and rings). Needs distributor, carburetor (carb in pictures is trash), and gasket set for assembly. Asking $7500 OBO for a real deal Chevy 409. Feel free to call me for more info at (937)604-6931.
Thanks for looking and have a great day.
Doug
:gba:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.