Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got the motor mounts and trasmission mounts aleigned correctly and welded in

Otis

The oil pan above had to be changed to allow room for rack and pinion

This is a Mildon 30970

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Thats what I'm talkin bout! Good job Otis. This is a personal preference thing, but when I had mine out, I removed the old frame ears where the original side/rear motor mounts bolted up. Makes things cleaner and you have better access for future work around the back of the engine/bell housing areas.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MIke good idea.

I have a list of things left to do, that will be added

Thanks

otis.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did you have to cut or modify the tunnel to put the turbo 400 in?

Thanks.:confused:

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love to ride in it myself you know how restore jobs are seems to take along time, I am thinking of putting dual 4s on it and maybe nitrois

Not to really use just to know they are there, makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside

Otis:)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
How do you like the new pan?? I am in the process of cleaning up the engine bay on my old 68 Firebird and have the engine removed.....I have owned the car some 35 years since high school and in my younger day abused the stock oil pan pretty good!It's pretty beat up with several previous repairs....Have been unable to locate a decent stock pan so am thinking about the Mildon also.Any experience at removing the cad plating? I want to paint it the correct color as the old Bird is a pretty much stock restoration.By the way......Your car is looking good!

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
New photo of engine mounted in car

Here is the latest photo of engine setting in car, after fraime and firewall painted rack and poinion brace under engine mounted etc.

The engine has been removed and reinstalled about 10 times to get every thing installed welded cut etc,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts